Northwest Arkansas Grant Manager Job Description
Write On Fundraising provides fresh fundraising solutions for high-impact nonprofits. Our innovative team collaborates remotely across the U.S. and is headquartered in Tulsa, Oklahoma. Communication and impact fuel Write On culture - systems like #slack, Harvest, and Asana enable us to produce the best possible outcomes for our clients while providing life balance and value to team members.
The Grants Manager is an integral part of the Write On Fundraising team. In addition to serving as a representative of the company brand and mission in the community, this position is tasked with managing a team of part-time staff and contract grant writers, ensuring outstanding customer care and client relations, and identifying a limited number of new local and regional business opportunities.
The Grants Manager role is both remote and flexible in schedule, but is expected to attend regular staff meetings via Zoom and utilize Zoom (or other... tools) for client and prospect meetings. Some travel might be expected. The salaried position has a standard work week of 35-40 hours and a cell phone stipend. The starting salary for this position is $50,000. Health, vision and dental benefits are available. The Grants Manager reports to the CEO. The applicant must live in the Northwest Arkansas Area.
- Serve as primary relationship manager for clients and conduit of communication between grants team and clients
- Manage small team of part-time, contract grant writers, ensuring optimal project management and quality control for each and every grant
- Review and analyze all grant opportunities, identify needed resources and difficulty-level, secure and/or develop resources, and assign to team members
- Meet regularly with designated client representative to discuss grant opportunities, report progress, cultivate program relationships, and engage in on-going discovery
- Proof every assignment for quality and accuracy and provide constructive feedback to writers that aligns with the unique needs and preferences of each client
- Strictly adhere to and enforce all internal milestones and external deadlines
- Monitor team and individual performance and provide key performance indicator reports to inform incentive distribution
- Research, identify, and qualify grant prospects using online database subscriptions, available public data, and proprietary research methods
- Actively solicit private foundation, corporate, and government funding on behalf of clients
- Monitor stewardship and reporting requirements and provide outstanding service to both grantors and clients
- Serve as a member of the leadership team, providing all Write On Fundraising staff and contract workers with mentorship, collaboration, and motivation
- Research, identify, and qualify nonprofit organizations and community leaders with whom we might cultivate new relationships
- Engage strategically in networking and community outreach activities to increase brand awareness, cultivate new relationships, and steward existing clients
- Contact and meet with prospects to learn about their needs and if they are a fit for Write On Fundraising service offerings
- Draft proposals for services and present solutions to prospects and decision-makers
- Assist the CEO with other duties as assigned
Grant Manager performance will be evaluated on a number of key performance indicators. These might include metrics like prospect conversion rates, team metrics, client satisfaction data, and/or overall revenue development goals.
- At least five years of grant writing experience
- Strong interpersonal and writing skills
- Self-motivated and comfortable working in both team and autonomous environments
- High proficiency working with online project management and donor tools such as HarvestApp, Asana, G-Suite, Zoom, Foundation Directory, Blackbaud, eTapestry, Donor Perfect, and other Cloud-based software systems