Job Description Summary
In your role as a Diagnostic Cardiology (DCAR) Database Conversions Specialist for GE Healthcare (GEHC), you will be an integral part of a specialized professional services team responsible for performing customer patient data conversions and reconfiguration services for the MUSE Cardiology Information Systems product line. As a local customer team data conversion representative, you will work with regional teams of GE professionals responsible for implementing MUSE Cardiology Information Systems within the United States providing support for customer conversions.
GE Healthcare is a leading global medical technology and digital solutions innovator. Our mission is to improve lives in the moments that matter. Unlock your ambition, turn ideas into world-changing realities, and join an organization where every voice makes a difference, and every difference builds a healthier world.
- Coordinate, plan, test, and install MUSE data... conversion projects for equipment installations as assigned.
- Act as a primary data conversions specialist for a Local Customer Team (LCT) and region of the United States.
- Have complete ownership of the data conversions implementation plan and testing requirements working with customer and project management to coordinate and plan effectively to meet the overall project and customer timeline requirements.
- Be a Subject Matter Expert with sales and the customer during the pre-quote phase of the sales cycle to ensure quote accuracy and setting realistic expectations.
- Maintain effective communication on project status with Customer and relevant internal teams.
- Proactively manage and provide timely communications with internal and external customers to ensure problem resolution and follow up, to foster customer loyalty and satisfaction.
- Act as a participant in the New Product Introduction (NPI) process to help formulate & drive improved install ability of conversions and assist with requirements development, validation, and expert testing for NPIs.
- Required to work on multiple projects with each project lasting from a few weeks to several months in duration.
- Develop and maintain working familiarity with General Electric’s Health and Human Services, Environment Health and Safety requirements and strict adherence to General Electric’s Spirit and Letter policy.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or other technical field, or a minimum of 5 years of working in a computer/technical field.
- Experience and working knowledge of a variety of operating systems including Windows 2003, 2008, 2012+ server, Windows v7 and v10 workstation and familiarity with MS SQL or Oracle SQL Databases and SQL query structure.
- MS-DOS command line knowledge, experience, and familiarity with running executable files from the command line.
- Strong trouble-shooting and analytical problem-solving skills with the ability to communicate complex technical issues in an easy to understand manner.
- Knowledge of various archival and data storage protocols and software tools (examples include: WinRAR, Win Zip / PKZIP, PGP, Nero, Roxio).
- Experience with various remote connection software tools (Examples include: GE InSite RSvP, RDP, VPN, terminal services, PC Anywhere, FTP, RAS).
- Willingness to work occasional nights and weekends per customer go-live schedules.
- Willingness to travel up to 20%
- Must have a valid driver’s license
- Master’s degree in computer science, engineering, or other IT related field
- Healthcare/IT Project Management experience
- SQL database development and management experience and familiarity with regular expressions and with SQL language, searching, syntax, and command line queries.
- GE MUSE ECG Data Management System architecture, configuration, installation, troubleshooting, functionality, customer clinical use and workflow knowledge
- Experience with medical product validation and verification processes including test plan development, process documentation, and requirements writing
- VM Ware, ESX Server, and Lab Manager experience
- Six Sigma Lean Experience
Our total rewards are designed to unlock your ambition by giving you the boost and flexibility you need to turn your ideas into world-changing realities. Our salary and benefits are everything you’d expect from an organization with global strength and scale, and you’ll be surrounded by career opportunities in a culture that fosters care, collaboration and support.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a drug screen (as applicable).
Relocation Assistance Provided: No