Provides efficient and effective total cost of ownership management of non-labor expenditures, primarily with clinical departments. This includes development and maintenance of supplier and end-user relationships to jointly drive cost savings, confirm compliance to current contracts, explore product change and/or standardization opportunities, and to ensure procurement of quality products and services. Provides leadership and/or support to sourcing teams and other staff as needed.
- Serves in an advisory and leadership capacity to jointly drive cost savings with end-users and to manage the purchasing process across all products and services as assigned.
- Documents and provides report-out on all savings initiatives that have been completed.
- Strives for product uniformity and standardization throughout the Geisinger through the analysis of standardization opportunities to ensure quality, cost effective product utilization.
- Provides product analysis by... drafting initial specifications, surveying user needs and soliciting and incorporating input as needed within assigned areas.
- Vigorously questions and challenges the needs and specifications to ensure optimal definition.
- Ensures that new products have been evaluated from a safety perspective.
- Questions and challenges any safety concerns which may arise.
- Coordinates with Clinical Engineering, as appropriate, to ensure proper documentation and testing is performed on all equipment prior to use within a facility.
- Facilitates project teams and CUE teams as needed.
- Develops and presents product strategies to meet the needs and specifications as outlined by the end-user.
- Performs in depth analysis on each CUE request to ensure all financial comparisons are accurate and thorough.
- Conducts product investigation to present accurate information to the committee.
- Acts as resource to CUE Assistant in development of agendas and memos prior to publishing.
- Serves as Supply Chain lead in the absence of the Director of Clinical Use Evaluation.
- Initiates and leads Requests for Information (RFIs) and Request for Proposals (RFPs) to ensure the system is receiving the most aggressive pricing available.
- Serves as project lead and delegates tasks as appropriate.
- Analyses bid responses and presents information to decision making committees, comprised of members from all levels within the organization.
- Communicates all finalization decisions to both the vendor and end users.
- Develops contracts and leads or coordinates vendor negotiations.
- Understands the relationship and commitment to GPO contracts as applicable.
- Meets with primary GPO representative monthly to explore future contract or product standardization opportunities.
- Performs day to day management of assigned purchasing team members to ensure streamlined, efficient, accurate, and timely processing of all requisitions.
- Coordinates issues with Director of Purchasing and MMIS as needed.
- Conducts team meetings to discuss current events, as appropriate.
- Reviews all item maintenance requests submitted by buyers, for accuracy and integrity.
- Is a resource to buyers with regards to contracts, standard products, and authorization of purchase order requests.
- Coordinates product changes with buyers, Revenue Cycle staff, end users, education personnel, Inventory Control Specialist, Director of Clinical Use Evaluation, and manager of logistics to ensure smooth transitions.
- Works in conjunction with the buyer to maintain on-line order functions, facilitate order placement, resolve back order problems, expedite delivery of product and ensure timely communication with vendors and end-users.
- Remains knowledgeable and current in market conditions and healthcare trends affecting procurement within Geisinger, including product availability, pricing, and federal and state laws, regulations and programs which impact costs, payment and procurement (prospective payment, DRGs, etc.).
- Works in conjunction with Infection Control and Risk Management to ensure appropriate product utilization throughout the system.
- Provides product utilization data to Clinical Use Evaluation Director regarding recalls, as needed.
- Administers and monitors contracts for assigned product and service categories.
- Meets with vendors and end-users to assess and improve performance.
- Documents all contracts on the Contract Tracker.
- Maintains contract portfolios for all of the major service areas assigned.
- Develops measurement and monitoring capabilities including contract performance, customer satisfaction, usage statistics, etc.
- Synthesizes performance measurement data and provides reports.
- Maintains thorough understanding of all legal aspects of contracts; must be able to independently devise and review vendor contracts in acceptable legal context for Geisinger.
Work is typically performed in an office environment. Accountable for satisfying all job specific obligations and complying with all organization policies and procedures. The specific statements in this profile are not intended to be all-inclusive. They represent typical elements considered necessary to successfully perform the job.
Bachelor's Degree- (Required)
Minimum of 3 years-Related work experience (Required)
Our Purpose & Values
Everything we do is about caring for our patients, our members, our students, our Geisinger family and our communities.
KINDNESS: We strive to treat everyone as we would hope to be treated ourselves.
EXCELLENCE: We treasure colleagues who humbly strive for excellence.
LEARNING: We share our knowledge with the best and brightest to better prepare the caregivers for tomorrow.
INNOVATION: We constantly seek new and better ways to care for our patients, our members, our community, and the nation.
SAFETY: We provide a safe environment for our patients and members and the Geisinger family.
We offer healthcare benefits for full time and part time positions from day one, including vision, dental and domestic partners.* Perhaps just as important, from senior management on down, we encourage an atmosphere of collaboration, cooperation and collegiality.
We are an Affirmative Action, Equal Opportunity Employer Women and Minorities are Encouraged to Apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability or their protected veteran status.
Geisinger is committed to making better health easier for the more than 1 million people it serves. Founded more than 100 years ago by Abigail Geisinger, the system now includes nine hospital campuses, a 550,000-member health plan, two research centers and the Geisinger Commonwealth School of Medicine. With nearly 24,000 employees and more than 1,600 employed physicians, Geisinger boosts its hometown economies in Pennsylvania by billions of dollars annually. Learn more at geisinger.org or connect with us on Facebook , Instagram , LinkedIn and Twitter