Technical Sales Specialist Cell Biology
When you are part of the team at Thermo Fisher Scientific, you'll do important work and you'll be valued and recognized for your performance. With talented managers and inspiring coworkers to support you, you'll find the resources and opportunities to make significant contributions to the world.
Location/Division Specific Information
Life Science Solutions Group - Biosciences Division, Cell Biology
Remote - Midwest/PA
How will you make an impact?
The role will directly impact our mission of making the world healthier, cleaner and safer by providing life science technologies to Academic, Government, Biotechnology/Pharmaceutical and Hospital/Clinical customers to support their research in Stem Cell, Neurobiology, Drug Discovery, Protein and Viral Expression, Gene Editing and Cell and Gene Therapy.
What will you do?
- Represent the Cell Biology portfolio of products.
- Develop territory business plan and frequently update according to business and... market changes.
- Achieve assigned territory sales goals by proactively calling on existing and potential new customers via email, phone and some field travel.
- Nurture existing customer relationships with a focus on increasing overall revenue and reagent attachment with customers using both existing and newly placed instrumentation.
- Research accounts and leverage historical sales data and market trends to drive new business.
- Work closely with sales counterparts and Distribution reps to develop specific account growth strategy, account mapping and penetration.
- Gather, process, and disseminate competitive intelligence and market feedback via weekly/monthly and other ad hoc reporting as required.
- Provide forecasting and reporting as required on a weekly/monthly/quarterly basis.
- Participate in trade shows, vendor shows, and related activities as deemed necessary.
- Handle multiple tasks in parallel and balance workload based on priority of assignments.
- Accept and adapt to change quickly while remaining effective and efficient
How will you get here?
- Requires a bachelor's degree in any life sciences field, advanced degree preferred or the equivalent in relevant experience.
Role Success Profile:
- Must have hands-on experience with cell biology lab techniques via prior work experience and/or education
- Outstanding relationship management and influence capabilities
- Lab, selling and/or customer-facing experience within the life sciences industry preferred
- Strong organizational and time management skills, ability to effectively learn and utilize on-line CRM application and social media resources to grow territory
- Proven ability to strategize and achieve results
- Background in a relevant life sciences field
- Relevant competitive intelligent and/or Life Sciences market knowledge
- Stem Cell, Neuro, Drug Discovery, Gene Editing, Expression, Cell and Gene Therapy knowledge
- Customer focused
- Drives Results
- Results Driven
- Team Player
- Effective Communicator
- Must live in Midwest/PA territory - PA/Southern NJ preferred
Thermo Fisher Scientific is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, creed, religion, color, national or ethnic origin, citizenship, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, genetic information, veteran status, age or disability status