About the Fiver Children’s Foundation
Founded in 1998, the Fiver Children's Foundation is a comprehensive youth development organization that makes a 10-year commitment to children from underserved communities throughout the New York area. Through character-building summer and year-round out-of-school time programs, Fiver empowers children to make ethical and healthy decisions, to become engaged citizens, and to succeed in school, careers, and life.
With a budget just over $2 million (and growing!), Fiver is seeking a Development Manager to join our team to help us achieve our ambitious fundraising goals.
Fiver is seeking a Development Manager who deeply believes in creating a level playing field for youth from marginalized communities. The manager will oversee a robust calendar of grant applications, reports, and renewals. They will manage a portfolio of donors, support special events and oversee annual campaigns. They will also serve as our team’s point person... for our key volunteer group, the Fiver Advocates.
This full-time position is part of Fiver’s development team, reports directly to the Director of Development, and supervises contract grant writers. The manager will interact regularly with program participants in our midtown Manhattan office and on occasional visits to our camp in central New York during the summer.
Grants Management Responsibilities (40%)
- Lead the project management of Fiver’s calendar of grant applications/reporting/ renewals, including managing contract grant writers, liaising with program staff for content, and stewarding select institutional giving relationships.
- In collaboration with grant writers, edit, and prepare grants for submission.
- Supervise and delegate assignments to contract grant writers
Development Responsibilities (60%)
- Partner with Director of Development to set fundraising priorities and communicate results
- Manage a portfolio of mid-level and first-time donors
- Oversee summer fundraising and cultivation campaigns (summer appeal and thank you mailing)
- Manage donor acknowledgement process, and prospect research.
- Assist with Fiver special events – planning, marketing, day of prep, implementation, as well as special projects
- Serve as point person for Fiver’s Volunteer Committee, including stewarding member relationships and assisting with their fundraising/volunteering efforts.
- Collaborate with Director of Development on donor appreciation initiatives
- Write and send e-newsletter, e-blasts and maintain Fiver blog
- Oversee and manage execution social media strategy
Core Competencies and Qualifications
- 3+ years of related work experience.
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to edit and present funding proposals and reports in a clear and compelling manner
- Ability to multitask and work well in a team, as well as independently.
- Motivated, “can do” attitude, friendly personality, quick learner, and a desire to take initiative.
- Highly organized, attentive to detail, and able to work within tight deadlines
- Able to work collaboratively with all levels of staff, donors, and community partners
- A high level of computer literacy required, including familiarity with funding software (Raiser’s Edge or similar database), Microsoft Office, social media platforms (Facebook & Instagram) and Google Suite.
To apply, please send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
Fiver Children’s Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer that values diversity, equity and inclusion