At UL, we know why we come to work.
Thousands of us around the world wake up every day with a common purpose: to make the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place. Science is in our DNA; we are endlessly curious and passionate about seeking and speaking the truth. We take delight in knowing that our work makes a meaningful contribution to society, and we are proud that our culture is centered on integrity, collaboration, inclusion and excellence. UL stands at the forefront of technological advancement, and we are continually challenged to find new ways to foster innovation and positive change.
What you’ll learn & achieve:
Reporting to the internal communications manager, this position is responsible for developing and executing timely and effective global internal communications programs to support UL’s Testing, Inspection and Certification (TIC) and Enterprise & Advisory (E&A) businesses.
The core function of this... role is to support senior business leaders (and enterprise-level staff, where applicable) in developing and implementing communication strategy and plans that keep employees informed on important and relevant information related to Project Alpha , the businesses’ strategic objectives, key initiatives and more.
The role will support and promote employee engagement, assist in creating the distinct culture of each business and communicate key milestones among internal stakeholders.
This position works in close collaboration with other corporate communications colleagues, as well other functions including but not limited to Human Resources.
- Develops and executes internal communications plans and activities that are aligned with the company’s mission, vision and values as well as the business’ strategy and objectives, and/or various Customer Operating Unit (COU) strategies and objectives
- Tailors communications to meet the needs of various internal client needs
- Leads, drives and executes all internal communications for TIC and E&A’s transformation and change management initiatives
- Builds strong relationships with senior leadership and additional stakeholders to understand their business functions and formulate appropriate strategies and messages to achieve those objectives
- Coordinates internal communications for organizational initiatives and activities such as laboratory openings, employee updates, corporate events and internal UL meetings/events with the broader corporate communications team as appropriate
- Manages and produces all internal webcasts and broadcasts
- Develops and manages content for internal communications channels, including but not limited to SharePoint, internal newsletters, leadership updates and more
- Monitors and analyzes standard metrics/KPIs on successes and levels of internal stakeholder engagement: digital site traffic, open-rates, click-through rates, impressions, surveys/polling, etc.
What makes you a great fit:
- BS/BA degree in Communications, Public Relations or related field, plus generally 8+ years of related experience.
- Experience in a B2B professional services environment is preferred.
- Experience working in a global communications role for a complex matrix organization across several global regions highly preferred
- Ability to understand technical and scientific issues and ability to translate complex information for non-scientific audiences
- Strong capabilities in developing and maintaining relationships with senior leaders
What you’ll experience working at UL:
- Mission: For UL, corporate and social responsibility isn’t new. Making the world a safer, more secure and sustainable place has been our business model for the last 125 years and is deeply engrained in everything we do.
- People: Ask any UL employee what they love most about working here, and you’ll almost always hear, “the people.” Going beyond what is possible is the standard at UL. We’re able to deliver the best because we employ the best.
- Interesting work: Every day is different for us here as we eagerly anticipate the next innovation that our customers’ create. We’re inspired to take on the challenge that will transform how people live, work and play. And as a global company, in many roles, you will get international experience working with colleagues around the world.
- Grow & achieve: We learn, work and grow together with targeted development, reward and recognition programs as well as our very own UL University that offers extensive training programs for employees at all stages, including a technical training track for applicable roles.
Working at UL is an exciting journey that twists and turns daily. We thrive in the twists and revel in the turns. This is our every day. This is our normal.
Curious? To learn more about us and the work we do, visit UL.com