The Global Environment Health & Safety Director will provide implementation of global EHS strategy, initiatives and oversight, ensuring -- through the development of a highly effective global/regional team -- the following:
- Compliance (regulations, standards, etc.)
- Risk management (surfacing and mitigating risk proactively)
- Employee safety
- Technical leadership
- Brand protection (Jabil and our Customers)
- Consistency to Jabil core values
- Positive impact to business (financial return, increased value-add, operational performance)
- Best-in-class safe working environment
In this role, you will provide technical and strategic leadership for the global EHS management system that delivers best-in-class performance in employee health & safety and environmental stewardship. You will be responsible to ensure the right balance between standards, risk, industry challenges and value-add to business model. You will need to know EHS and Sustainability risk and assess and... drive action that supports core values regarding mitigation and prevention related to the health and safety or our employees and the environmental impact of our operations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Recruit, interview and staff EHS experts for the Segment
- Identify individual and team strengths and development needs on a regular, ongoing basis.
- Ensure effective performance measurement techniques to assess direct report performance
- Identify and develop succession plan
- Coach and mentor staff to deliver on time excellence to every internal and external customer
- Ensure regular and effective communication with direct staff
- Responsible for creating executive briefs, summaries and rapid responses to risk when requested on the performance of EHS programs and initiatives and when trouble arises related to EHS.
- Internal: Collaborate with corporate communications and Sr. Director where applicable
- External: Collaborate with corporate communications and Sr. Director where applicable
- Create and implement global EHS programs, policies, procedures aligned to the Corporate management system.
- Represent EHS strategy with other senior leadership functions to drive integration and accountability as critical component of business success
- Embed EHS practices into all operations across organizational boundaries
- Measure and report EHS initiatives and activities
- Identify and mitigate internal risk, anticipate new risks
- Establish technical leadership, adopting the standards and technologies that enable best-in-class working environment related to EHS
- Identify creative ways to implement corrective actions in cost effective manner.
- Utilize tools to track changes and identify cost impact for review with executive management.
- Provide feedback to peers on concerns with cost.
- Prepare timely forecasts for projects.
- Compare forward forecast results to historical actual results for trend assessment and analysis.
- Operate across organizational boundaries driving the company’s EHS policy, strategy and goal implementation with limited direct authority over business leaders who must be influenced
- Work with VPs and other senior managers to collaborate, communicate, influence and build consensus among other senior leadership across the company to advance EHS policies and programs
- Regularly update VP on advancement of EHS goals
- Build trusting internal relationships as a central point of contact and expert in EHS decision-making regarding issues affecting company
- Motivate and engage line level employees
- External working relationships:
- Build effective networks to understand common EHS challenges across our industry, enable proactive positioning and strategy development to changes in EHS field, regulations, etc.
- Ensure most relevant and updated standards are adopted and deployed, properly assessing impact and garnering support for strategy and/or solution
- May perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and 15 years' relevant, progressive experience required; OR Master's degree and 12 years' relevant, progressive experience; OR equivalent combination of education, experience, and training.
- Formal EHS certification required.
- Demonstrated experience leading global and/or regional EHS teams required.
- Extremely adept in technical aspects of EHS, proven experience in EHS field.
- Proven ability to influence individuals throughout all levels of a global company (C-Suite through individual contributors).
- Experience dealing with complex and sensitive issues related to EHS.
- High level of appreciation for and ability to conceptualize EHS culture.
- Proven track record of successful change management accomplishments, implementing and managing continuous improvement programs