Serco is seeking a Senior Proposal Manager to join their team. Our Senior Proposal Manager will manage the development of technical, cost, and other proposal volumes in collaboration with the capture and proposal team ensuring the on-time submission of proposal products. This is a part-time remoted position.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
- Lead and direct assigned proposal efforts and personnel.
- Facilitate the development and review of proposal strategies and themes.
- Lead review of proposal strengths and weaknesses of the Client for emphasis and mitigation, respectively.
- Lead review of proposal strengths and weaknesses of the competitors for de-emphasis and “ghosting”, respectively.
- Prepare and maintain the Proposal schedule working in concert with the Capture Manager and Operations Lead/Program Manager
- Create and review the Proposal Management Plan (PMP) working with the Capture Manager and Operations Lead/Program Manager.
- Shred the proposal... documents and develop the proposal outline and content plan working with the Capture Manager and Operations Lead/Program Manager.
- Develop the work breakdown structure for the scope of work.
- Work with the Capture Manager and Operations Lead/Program Manager on author assignments and page limitations.
- Assist in analyzing the RFP and allocating proposal requirements against the proposal outline to ensure compliance and responsiveness to Client’s customer’s issues and needs.
- Assist authors in preparing the proposal Content Plan and “post” on the wall for review of all authors and executive management.
- Build the proposal compliance matrix using the opportunity tracking report and track the fulfillment of all requirements.
- Review completed proposal content plan, particularly graphics, and subsequent written sections to ensure requirements are adequately addressed and that page limits are met.
- Conduct regular proposal progress (Tag Ups) status meetings and manage and assign action items with due dates.
- Direct writing/editing/rewriting efforts as needed.
- If applicable, work with the Volume Managers to ensure inter-volume compatibility is achieved.
- Schedule the color reviews
- Prepare and collect/track the score card for color reviews of the proposal content plan including evaluate and report out on the score results
- Ensure that appropriate comments from the color reviews are incorporated into the final proposal version.
- Direct the Proposal Coordinator in all configuration control and proposal production activities.
- Assist as appropriate, in obtaining subcontract RFPs into the hands of other companies (if Teaming) and to key vendors and subcontractors.
- Direct the development of task descriptions for the Basis of Estimate and related cost assumptions for development of the cost volume.
- Tutor/mentor authors and other personnel as deemed necessary.
- Coordinate the response to questions from the Customer
- Assist in final proposal revisions assuring that the revisions are consistent with the Customer’s requirements and the Client’s management direction
- Assist in preparation of Orals, if required.
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical field and/or business administration
- Master’s degree in a technical field and/or business administration desired
- At least eight years of experience in proposal development with progressively increasing responsibility and at least four years managing successful proposals.
- Experience as a project leader and/or proposal manager.
- Demonstrated motivational skills with a high energy level.
- Ability to facilitate interpersonal relationships and resolve conflicts tactfully and confidentially.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills; including experience working with senior managers and making presentations to senior management.
- Working knowledge of industry best practices (i.e., Project Management Institute (PMI) Project Management Professional (PMP), International Standards Organization (ISO), Information Technology Infrastructure Library (ITIL)/IT service management (ITSM)
- Microsoft Professional Products (e.g., MS Word, MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS SharePoint, MS Project, MS Visio)
- Office 365 SharePoint (Highly Desired)
Serco Inc. (Serco) is the Americas division of Serco Group, plc. Serco serves every branch of the U.S. military, numerous U.S. Federal civilian agencies, the Intelligence Community, the Canadian government, state and local governments, and commercial clients. We help our clients deliver vital services more efficiently while increasing the satisfaction of their end customers. Headquartered in Herndon, Virginia, Serco Americas has approximately 8,000 employees and is part of a $4 billion global business that helps transform government and public services around the world. At Serco, our employees are our most valuable asset - we listen, respect and support them throughout their career at Serco. We invite you to become part of our dynamic team. Serco is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversifying our workforce (Race/ Color/ Sex/ Sexual Orientation/ Gender Identity/ Religion/ National Origin/ Disability/ Vets