Responsible for participating in all phases of the design and development life cycleof analytic applications and reporting tools, utilizing various BI technology platforms.
Primary duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Maintains active relationships with customers to determine business requirements.
- Anticipates opportunities for improvement and identifies alternate solutions.
- Collaborates with engineers for creative ideas for Web portals supporting interactive content, analyzes and classifies complex change request and reviews and evaluates possible enhancements.
- Works with development team to develop and define application scope and objectives and prepare functional and/or technical specifications.
- Analyzes and evaluates detailed business and technical requirements.
- Codes and maintains complex components of information systems.
- Mentors others on coding standards and performs code reviews.
- Develops and performs system testing and fixes defects... identified during testing and re-executes unit tests to validate results.
location: Richmond, Virginia
job type: Contract
work hours: 8am to 4pm
- Requires 3+ years experience with Microsoft BI tools including recent hands on experience with SQL Server database development, SSIS package development, and SSRS report development. Power BI development is a plus.
- Aids in integrating activities with other IT departments for successful implementation and support of project efforts.
- Provides timely support to data information planning effort.
- Maintains technical development environment and has responsibility for implementation plan.
- Assist in developing training documentation including proactive identification of additional needs and enhancements.
- Manages small projects, mentors and provides training to others.
- Requires BA/BS degree in related field or technical institute training and 3+ years experience on one platform, or any combination of education and experience, which would provide an equivalent background.
- Subject matter expert of one or more Business Intelligence applications.
- Experience with multiple Business Intelligence tools preferred.
- Incumbent should also have the ability to mentor others, lead small projects and provide troubleshooting support.
- Multi database, multi language or multi business application preferred
- Experience level: Experienced
- Minimum 3 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Microsoft BI
- Power BI
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status