Aquent Studios is hiring a creative, collaborative, and well-rounded editorial writer /content marketer to support content for industry-specific audiences for a top 10 fastest growing tech client! The Editorial Lead will manage content creation and editorial planning as part of our client’s content strategy team. In this invaluable role, you’ll bring a high bar for editorial quality, the ability to simplify complex topics through writing and editing, and proven expertise in putting a content plan into action – across production, optimization, and amplification.
If you’re the right candidate, then storytelling, clear communication, and organizational skills are in your DNA. Your colleagues would describe you as resourceful, comfortable with ambiguity, and open to acting on constructive feedback. You probably have your company’s style guide memorized – and you have a sixth sense for when a piece of content isn’t striking the right tone.
This strategic role works cross-functionally to... align key collaborators on cross-channel content that resonates with your designated industry verticals. This team member won’t plan, write, and edit in a silo. Instead, they’ll forge relationships with internal and external stakeholders to create strategic content that suits each audience’s needs. The Editorial Lead will also track content growth along the way and craft strong executive-facing slide decks to support and explain that growth.
- Write, edit, and curate original content for your assigned industry audiences
- Leverage content of all kinds – including influencer interviews, media bylines, blog posts, brand journalism, multimedia series, learning modules, and SEO articles – to meet content marketing goals and objectives
- Plan and maintain an editorial calendar that supports marketing and product marketing strategy
- Uphold our client’s voice and tone in every piece of content
- Pitch new story ideas and content formats
- Design, appoint, and oversee editorial review board
- Collaborate with product marketing, creative, campaigns, social media, customer marketing, and program management as key stakeholders
- Together with key stakeholders, prioritize topics within the editorial calendar, ensure consistent quality, and optimize delivery across channels
- Maintain clear, organized communication to stakeholders, even as team goals and priorities shift
- Interview our client’s customers and incorporate their voices into content to tell their unique, inspiring stories
- Measure success and test new ways of doing things
- Contribute to other content team initiatives – including events, strategic communications, and executive presentations – when needed
Required Skills & Experience
- 5+ years of experience in content marketing, journalism, or professional writing/editing at a tech company (or within a similar fast-paced industry)
- Knowledge of how to speak to industry leaders and audiences, as well as content marketing, social media, and content delivery trends
- Deep knowledge and interest in how industries are leveraging tech and digital transformation. You’re plugged into what’s trending at the intersection of business and technology.
- Past experience as a lead writer or editor following a style guide. Only the best content passes your sniff test, and you take pride in your first draft.
- Creative thinker who can not only identify gaps or opportunities, but also offers ways to address them. When you encounter obstacles, you find an effective solution with a positive mindset.
- Excessively organized. Your calendar is your best friend, and while leading meetings with stakeholders, you make sure their time is well spent.
- Proven ability to work well externally: with customers, with channel partners, and with agencies.
- Beyond external content, you bring internal communication excellence – using PowerPoint, Google Slides, and other meeting tools to get the whole team onboard. You use on-slide visuals and a sparkling talk track to share data, ideas, and insights quickly.
- Social media and influencer marketing skills a plus.
- Experience working with Kapost, Quip, AEM, and Wordpress a plus.
Candidates should apply with current resume, availability for full-time employment, salary expectations and portfolio of editorial writing samples