Trilogy Interactive is a full-service digital agency. For over a decade, we have stood at the forefront of the digital revolution in the progressive political and nonprofit space. We’re reshaping what’s possible in the world of politics through our award-winning programs for progressive campaigns, nonprofits, and organizations.
Our team is hiring a Social Media Strategist. In this role, you’ll help drive every step of the social media content creation process by researching, developing, drafting, posting, and proofreading content—that includes project managing design and video products. You’ll also help gather and assess quantitative and qualitative performance data to measure our success.
You’ll primarily work on electoral, non-profit, and public affairs campaigns, with the occasional corporate client sprinkled in. You’ll learn a lot—through our dynamic and highly collaborative team environment, and through periods of intense and exciting work.
If you thrive in the fast pace of... social media, have a knack for crafting creative concepts and copy, and love to obsess over the details (we still can’t edit a tweet, @jack!), we strongly encourage you to apply today.
Our team does our best work by drawing on our diverse range of staff backgrounds, and we strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and those with physical challenges and disabilities to apply.
You’ll manage all facets of executing winning social media campaigns for our clients, working collaboratively with our team on strategy, planning, production, and analysis.
In a typical week, you might find yourself:
- Putting the finishing touches on a social media strategy plan to help a client achieve their short- and long-term strategic goals.
- Identifying and proposing a new technique, platform, vendor, or trend for our clients—or team—to try.
- Planning a content calendar that aligns with the client’s goals and strategy.
- Drafting social media content, working with our creative team to project manage the production of platform-optimized graphics and/or videos.
- Preparing and circulating a social media toolkit for a client’s talent partners to support their upcoming video launch.
- Developing a social media style guide and helping QA content in accordance.
- Drafting and publishing rapid response content for Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram Stories.
- Scheduling evergreen content for Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and/or YouTube using Sprout Social.
- Designing, pulling, interpreting, and applying results from a quantitative or qualitative report, including data that go beyond vanity metrics.
- Meeting with a client to discuss results and key learnings, upcoming cultural moments, and viral trends—or to lead a training with their new hire.
- Supporting a client with on-the-ground content creation at their next event.
Our clients are high-profile progressive campaigns, nonprofits, and organizations with audience sizes ranging from dozens at campaign kickoff to hundreds of thousands and more. These are the kinds of accounts that journalists have post notifications turned on for, standing ready to report the slightest error.
People with a variety of experiences, backgrounds, and interests can excel in this role, and learning on the job is encouraged—and expected! However, exceptional attention to detail is non-negotiable. In other words, we’re looking for:
- 1-3 years of experience managing social media for campaigns, organizations, and/or brands, including evergreen and rapid response content.
- Mastery of Facebook Pages (including Creator Studio, Business Manager, and Facebook Groups), Twitter (including Media Studio), and Instagram (including Instagram Stories, Reels, and IGTV).
- Exceptional attention to detail and appreciation for nuance and the fast-paced world of political online communications. You should quickly and honestly own up to any mistakes while collaboratively identifying optimal solutions.
- Demonstrated experience juggling competing priorities, requests, and edits from multiple sources (such as members of various client teams) and inbound communications across email, chat, and text.
- Enthusiastic commitment to progressive politics and ideals. (We’re excited to learn about the issues, causes, and campaigns you’re most passionate about!)
Not required, but a plus if you have:
- Experience using YouTube, Twitch, TikTok, Clubhouse, LinkedIn, Snapchat, Reddit, or Spotify in a professional setting.
- Familiarity with social analytics and/or listening software, such as Sprout Social, TrackMaven, or TweetDeck.
- Experience managing virtual communities through DMs, Slack, Facebook Groups, or Reddit.
- Familiarity with progressive digital platforms like ActBlue, ActionKit, EveryAction, Hustle, Phone2Action, or Reach.
- Experience with paid social media advertising, such as promoted/boosted posts and tweets, Facebook Page Like Ads, and/or influencer marketing.
- Experience working with digital graphics or video editing tools like Canva, Photoshop, Illustrator, iMovie, or Premiere to create simple graphics or captioned videos. (This is not a graphic design or video production role. Experience with these tools helps us collaborate thoughtfully with our creative team to create engaging content.)
To apply, send your resume, cover letter, and a 150-character bio to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Social Media Strategist” in the subject line. Feel free to email us with any questions.
We strongly encourage women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ community, and those with physical challenges and disabilities to apply.
Location: Berkeley, CA or Washington, D.C.
Salary: $60,000-$70,000 per year, depending on experience
Benefits: Transparent pay structure. Fully-funded medical, dental, vision, life, and disability insurance. 401(k) program with employer contribution. Family and parental leave