Our attorney position provides a wide variety of services as part of the Legal team (including some services that will be provided on behalf of the Data Ethics team) and is principally responsible for contract negotiations, dispute/litigation management (as a liaison to outside counsel), regulatory compliance, including state and federal credit reporting act statutes, GLB, HIPAA, and state and federal fair lending, UDAP and consumer protection statutes. In addition, the attorney frequently researches and provides advice regarding international, federal, and state data protection statutes and regulations. A key component of this function is performing training and education, both within Acxiom and externally.
Preference for onsite in Conway(post-Covid), but open to anywhere in the U.S.
You will be responsible for:
- Drafting and negotiating various client and vendor contracts
- Litigation management and document production
- Bureau management and audit oversight of bureau, supplier... vendor, governmental and client audits
- Resolution of consumer complaints
- Drafting the appropriate responses to consumers, clients, and regulators
What you will do:
- Primary relationship owner for Acxiom's role as agent of the consumer reporting agencies
- Advise account teams that process FCRA-regulated data, documenting relationships with the bureaus, and serving as a client and Acxiom advocate regarding data processing matters.
- Responsible for leading and coordinating Acxiom's response to bureau, client, and governmental audits.
- Litigation management, including leading document preservation, collection, review, and production efforts.
- Preparing reports regarding pending matters to various partners, including senior leadership, insurers, and outside auditors.
- Providing assistance with intellectual property matters, including registration and disputes.
- Responsible for leading internal investigations.
- Working with the facilities team for reviewing matters related to Acxiom's real estate portfolio, including, drafting and reviewing lease agreements, design and build agreements, and negotiation.
- Negotiating and drafting commercial contracts.
- We believe in a workplace where associates feel engaged and want to come to work every single day. It's important to Acxiom that we invest in our culture and promote a healthy work-life balance, even when our associates are at work.
- As a part of our team, you will join a fast-moving, dynamic, "get stuff done" culture where we prioritize progress over perfection and empower our people to do their jobs. You will always be guided to do what's right, legally and morally for our customers. At Acxiom, we believe in exceptionalism. We don't aspire to be mediocre, good, nor even phenomenal - we intend to be the absolute best in everything we do.
Do you have?
- Juris Doctorate (JD)
- 4+ years' experience as an attorney
- Experience as in-house commercial counsel or in private practice representing corporate clients supporting business operations or commercial contracting
- U.S. license in good standing to practice law, and a willingness to obtain a license in jurisdictions in which Acxiom has an office, if requested
- Displays tenacity for getting things accomplished, with the appropriate level and sense of urgency
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and decision-making skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Proven leadership, collaboration and delegation skills
What will set you apart:
- Prior experience as corporate counsel working on commercial contracts
- Certified Privacy Specialist with the IAPP
Primary Location City/State:
Homebased - Conway, Arkansas
Additional Locations (if applicable):
Homebased - Detroit, Homebased - Ft. Lauderdale, Homebased - New York, Homebased - Plano
Acxiom is an affirmative action and equal opportunity employer (AA/EOE/W/M/Vet/Disabled) and does not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, training, promotion or other employment of associates or the awarding of subcontracts because of a person's race, color, sex, age, religion, national origin, protected veteran, military status, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetics or other protected status