Position Title: Program Officer - Compliance
Position Location: Flexible
Job Classification: Exempt / Full Time
Reports to: Senior Program Officer - AmeriCorps
What We Do
With residents and partners, LISC forges resilient and inclusive communities of opportunity across America – great places to live, work, visit, do business and raise families.
Strategies We Pursue
- Equip talent in underinvested communities with the skills and credentials to compete successfully for quality income and wealth opportunities.
- Invest in businesses, housing and other community infrastructure to catalyze economic, health, safety and educational mobility for individuals and communities.
- Strengthen existing alliances while building new collaborations to increase our impact on the progress of people and places.
- Develop leadership and the capacity of partners to advance our work together
- Drive local, regional, and national policy and system changes that foster broadly shared... prosperity and well-being.
Over the last 40 years, LISC and its affiliates have invested approximately $20 billion in businesses, affordable housing, health, educational mobility, community and recreational facilities, public safety, employment and other projects that help to revitalize and stabilize underinvested communities. Headquartered in New York City, LISC’s reach spans the country from East coast to West coast in 36 markets with offices extending from Buffalo to San Francisco. Visit us at www.lisc.org
The Local Initiatives Support Corporation (LISC), is seeking a Program Officer – Compliance, to join the AmeriCorps team in LISC’s national office.
For over twenty-five years, the LISC AmeriCorps Program has provided non-profit partners, mainly community-based organizations, with the human capital needed to expand their services or pilot new ones. LISC AmeriCorps members are placed with non-profit partners in the geographic footprint of local LISC offices across the country. The program helps identify and nurture future leaders by exposing program participants from diverse backgrounds to new opportunities in the field of community development. AmeriCorps Members help to foster volunteerism and civic engagement by encouraging neighbors to take active roles in helping to transform the communities in which they live. The program combines service to the community with meaningful, hands-on work experience, training, and leadership development.
- Responsible for acting as the compliance officer and personnel record manager of member enrollment, exit, program consultant contracting, and National Service Criminal History Check documentation and associated policies required by grant provisions that meet Federal and internal LISC standards;
- Perform compliance monitoring, including an annual audit, to assess risks and program vulnerabilities and discuss proactive resolution with the AmeriCorps team;
- Manage the departments’ on-line timekeeping and monthly reporting interface including verification of data integrity and reliability and reporting to AmeriCorps via the annual Grantee Progress Report;
- Provide technical assistance to local LISC operating site administrators through a defined on-boarding/ monitoring process including compliance, performance measures, reporting, member benefits, and grant administration;
- Work as part of the team to implement the program design including the national leadership conference, new member on-boarding, national training agenda;
- Review the program’s data and use it to tell the story of the LISC AmeriCorps program in support of national service policy education efforts, external evaluation, and other grant related functions; and
- Perform additional duties as assigned
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university;
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in community development, community organizing, and/or other field work
- Prior government grant compliance and monitoring experience;
- Work simultaneously on multiple tasks and set priorities for a challenging workload;
- Demonstrated success in managing multiple projects and maintaining strong collaborative relationships with clients and coworkers;
- Fluency using and understanding data to inform decision making;
- Works well independently and in a collaborative team environment;
- Excellent writing and verbal communication skills;
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and strong social media skills;
- Minimal US travel (10%) may be required when permitted.
LISC offers a competitive salary and excellent benefits. Please send cover letter and resume via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
LISC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
COMMITTED TO DIVERSITY, EQUITY, INCLUSION, AND JUSTICE