Title: HR Generalist
Under the direction of the National Director of Administration primary responsibilities is to manage the daily operations of the Human Resources department by executing HR policies and procedures, initiating resource planning and recruitment, and maintaining interdepartmental communication. Assist in training planning and implementing various training programs, take care of payroll and handle employee relations and exit procedures. Apart from these duties, an HR Generalist is also responsible for coordinating and advising staff on employment issues and benefits, being up to date on pay and employee relations in at least four states where union employs staff. Manages relationship between organization and its staff union, including coordinating all grievances.
· Provide advice and guidance to managers at all levels on people related situations at all stages of employment
· Direct the... recruitment, hiring, and interviewing process for a high-growth organization
· Manage ADP Payroll System
· Develop and implement processes and procedures to support the success of Local 600 goals and professional growth of staff and managers
· Inform and advise employees on human resources matters, such as policy and procedures, benefits, time off, and performance
· Maintain all employee benefits programs and recommend changes and/or enhancements as well as communicate relevant benefit information to staff
· Updating and maintaining onboarding, offboarding, employee review program, and employee records management program.
· Ensure the adherence to federal, state, and local employment laws and make certain that the interpretation and implementation of company policies and procedures follow state and federal laws
· Ensure proper on-boarding by developing and conducting new hire orientations
· Performs other related duties as assigned or directed
· Bachelor’s degree in human resources, business, or another related field
· Strong and effective communication skills, both verbal and written, organizational skills, both analytical problems solving, and the ability to work with confidential documents.
· Ability to manage multiple tasks, achieve deadlines under pressure and proven ability to perform the duties of the position. Previous union experience a plus
PREFERRED TRAINING AND EXPERIENCE:
· Experience collaborating with Executive Leadership with demonstrated ability to identify and resourcefully support their success
· Demonstrated human resources leadership experience with a proven record of performance and business achievement
· Exceptional record of developing and implementing HR strategies that consistently meet or exceed goals and strategic objectives
· High proficiency in relationship building and relationship management
LICENSE ANDPHYSICAL CLASS:
A valid Driver License or the ability to utilize an alternative method of transportation when needed to carry out job-related essential functions. Ability to lift-up to 20lbs