Alion is seeking a highly skilled, knowledgeable, and motivated learning management supervisor to support our Department of Defense customers. The applicant will be a part of a team that designs and develops interactive courseware for our customers. Position is based in Alexandria, VA, but the work can be conducted in work-from-home environment. Occasional on-site presence may be required in the DC area.
The ideal applicant will require strong analytical skills and must be a self-starter with great initiative and ability to work independently with minimum supervision. Work requires applicant to be a team-player who interacts daily with the software team and weekly with the customer.
Duties will be under the general direction of the project and program manager and within the scope of the work derived from a contract with a government customer.
Duties: The training development manager will perform a wide range of tasks to support the development of software and... security training solutions, including:
- Managing training development projects including training strategy, training design, development of static and web-delivered training products, training of client personnel
- Conducting needs and gap analyses of client training requirements and applying instructional system design principles.
- Includes reviewing client computer applications to identify best methods to train staff in their use.
- Includes job analysis to identify the necessary skills and task to include in training
- Determining appropriate vehicles and delivery channels to achieve desired performance (instructor-led, computer-based training courses, virtual web-based programs, blended solutions, job aids, etc.)
- Maintaining daily oversight of training development staff and project status
- Liaising with learning management system (LMS) hosting provider
- Curating content and tasking subject matter experts to create content
- Assuring developed computer-based training is compliant with Section 508 and Sharable Content Object Reference Model (SCORM)
- Designing and developing and developing curriculum & total course materials for participants in concert with domain subject matter experts
- Converting written materials and/or training requirements to interactive courseware
- Participating in the daily team stand-up calls
- Conducting briefings, computer-based training demonstrations, and technical meetings for customers and potential customers
- Performing additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree and 7 or more years of experience in personnel security
- Educational requirements may be adjusted for applicable work experience
- Work experience may be adjusted for highly specialized knowledge or uniquely applicable experience
- Strong MS Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Experience in with learning management systems (LMS) and SCORM
- Strong analytical, problem-solving capabilities
- Must be US citizen
- Familiarity with agile software development processes
- Instructional System Design (ISD) certification
- Excellent verbal, oral, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Ability to be flexible, prioritize, and manage multiple activities simultaneously in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Strong team leader with the ability to both collaborate and to take initiative and work well independently
- Superior attention to detail and the ability to meet deadlines
- Must be eligible and willing to submit for a secret clearance
Security Clearance: None