JOB DESCRIPTION: NMF is a scholarship granting organization with a growing portfolio of service-learning programs, which the Scholarships & Programs team administers. The NMF Program Coordinator, reporting to the Director of Scholarships & Programs, works closely with the Director, Chief Program Officer, and other Coordinators to facilitate each program in a smooth and timely fashion. This person shall provide effective coordination of current NMF service-learning programs.
· Communication: Provide regular communication by email or phone with applicants, school officials, and scholars regarding documents needed for submissions and reminders for program deliverables.
· Outreach: Update program contacts lists and create new ones for targeted audiences as needed. Draft and send program announcements through various email and social media outlets.
· Website: Maintain Scholarship and Program pages on the NMF website and make additions and edits as needed.
·... Application monitoring and management: Track number of applications in progress and submitted. Conduct initial reviews of submitted applications for document completion and follow up with applicants regarding documents still needed. Download complete applications into DropBox for external review and tailor to needs of the review committees when applicable.
· Award notifications: Prepares and sends out notifications to applicants of awards or non-awards and collects all Scholar acceptance documents.
· Scholarship Disbursements: Sends appropriate documents for scholarship disbursements to Director and COO to be processed.
· Scholar data: Input and maintain most up-to-date scholar data across scholarships & programs for quick retrieval and purposes of tracking and reporting.
· Other: Assist in NMF overall projects such as special events, board meetings, newsletters, alumni engagement, and other tasks as requested by the Director or Chief Programs Officer.
SPECIFIC TO SERVICE-LEARNING PROGRAMS:
· Management of Scholars Assignments: Set up service-learning programs in program tracking system (Canvas), including adding Scholars to the courses, setting up the program assignments, sending reminders, and collecting scholar deliverables. Conduct initial reviews of assignments and provide feedback to Scholars.
· Communicates proactively with Director to address emerging Scholar issues and needs for ideal program outcomes.
· Program Event Coordination: Assists in preparation for program events, such as program orientations, webinars, culminating/showcase events, and award ceremonies. These tasks include but are not limited to creating Scholar certificates, printing of programs, finalize posters for print and manage PowerPoint presentations, room set up, setting up and monitoring registration, and event cleanup. If event requires travel, manage Scholar travel arrangements to and from event. Coordinate shipment of materials to and from venue.
· Program Evaluation: Create and monitor program evaluation surveys, including tracking of responses and downloading data for scholar files and reporting.
· Bachelor’s degree or higher.
· 1-3 yrs related program coordination experience preferred.
· Excellent written and oral communications, including timely, accurate writing, editing and collaborative work on documents.
· Familiar with healthcare education landscape (e.g., career pathways and degrees)
· Knowledge of scholarship and academic program operations, a plus.
· Familiar with issues surrounding student debt (e.g., institutional financial aid, federal aid, public service loan forgiveness, scholarships, etc.).
· Demonstrated experience with data management and basic analysis (e.g., applicant demographics).
· Proficiency in website and online application design/implementation highly preferred.
· Proficiency with Microsoft programs including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, and Adobe.
· Organized, quick learner, adaptable, creative, and dedicated.
· Ability to balance, negotiate, and interact effectively with others, work independently, and multi-task to accomplish all work in a timely manner.
· Small, collegial, enthusiastic team that shares a strong commitment to facilitating growth of a diverse health workforce. The team is committed to increasing access to healthcare and improving health outcomes to underserved populations.
· NMF has a virtual remote working environment with team members based in New Orleans, New York, and Washington DC. However, location in the Washington DC area is preferred.
Compensation - This position carries a competitive salary, commensurate with experience, and a generous benefits package, including paid time off; medical, dental and vision benefits; LTD; STD; Life Insurance; and 401K matching plan.
How to Apply - Applications should be submitted electronically to email@example.com. Please include the position title in the email Subject. Example: POSITION: Program Coordinator, Service-Learning Programs.
Applications must include:
· A one-page cover letter
NMF values a diverse workforce and an inclusive culture — people of color, women, individuals with disabilities, immigrants, and people from other underrepresented communities are strongly encouraged to apply for this position.
NMF does not discriminate on the basis of race, ethnicity, national origin, age, creed, religion, physical ability, gender, gender identity or expression, pregnancy, sexual orientation, previous incarceration, veteran status, union membership or activism, or any other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal law