About One Million Degrees:
Although half of Illinois’ public college students attend community college, only one in four of them will graduate with a degree within three years. One Million Degrees (OMD) changes that by providing comprehensive supports to community college students, accelerating their progress on career pathways to economic mobility.
OMD’s model, which combines academic, personal, professional, and financial supports, is changing the education landscape. OMD’s community college scholars are 47% more likely than their counterparts to continue from one semester to the next as a full-time student.
After more than a decade of programming, OMD continues to expand the number of scholars it supports to be a catalyst for change in Chicago. OMD partners with 10 Chicago-area community colleges, serving 1,000 scholars and apprentices across the region each year.
One Million Degrees is seeking a resourceful and organized individual to join its recruitment... team. The Scholar Recruitment Coordinator (SRC) will report to the Manager of Scholar Recruitment and is responsible for supporting OMD in expanding our reach to prospective applicants. The SRC will also work closely with Program Coordinators and recruitment team interns on community-based outreach efforts to attract a diverse mix of eligible scholars to the program including students who have recently graduated from high school, current community college students, and returning adults. The SRC will have the opportunity to gain exposure to areas including non-profit operations, communications, data analysis, and event planning.
The successful candidate is a proactive self-starter, able to develop and support multiple initiatives at once, highly organized, confident speaking with diverse audiences, and has a passion for people and the transformative power of education and opportunity. Strong relationship management skills, creative thinking, proactive problem-solving, and a can-do attitude are highly valued. The Scholar Recruitment Coordinator must be highly proficient with technology, preferably with experience manipulating and analyzing data as well as managing social media tools.
One Million Degrees is a friendly, diverse office with ambitious goals and a relentless drive to achieve them. Join our dynamic team of talented, hard-working individuals who believe that a single degree can change the world.
Specific duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
· Facilitate information sessions and application workshops for prospective students across the Chicagoland area, mainly targeting key high school partners and community college audiences.
· Support OMD staff and participate in outreach efforts to potential scholars. This includes tabling, presentations, and application workshops across the City of Chicago and surrounding suburbs.
· Work closely with Director of Innovation and Strategic Initiatives and Manager of Scholar Recruitment to leverage key partnerships and identify opportunities to engage new partners.
· Coordinate work of Scholar Ambassadors and collaborate with OMD staff to do presentations, college fairs, and other promotional and recruitment events.
· Coordinate scholar recruitment promotional emails, texts, calls, and social media posts.
Applicant Pipeline Management
· Maintain, track, and report on the applicant pipeline, progress towards targets, and completion of key recruitment activities.
· Outreach by phone and email to prospective applicants who express interest in applying to OMD and to current applicants to drive application completion.
· Support coordination of provisional acceptance activities, such as acceptance meetings, intake meetings, orientation, and other programming.
· Coordinate with OMD staff to schedule and conduct individual intake meetings during the onboarding process.
· Provide logistical support and assistance in planning annual scholar orientation and kick-off event.
Data Collection and Analysis
Use Salesforce database to maintain accurate and timely data on applicant progress, outreach efforts, and outstanding deliverables to help inform recruitment strategy and where additional efforts are required.
· Create and analyze data reports to help track applications, recruitment target progress, and summarize activity for referral partners.
Partner with External Referral Partners
· Collaborate with key external stakeholders (including but not limited to CPS partners, CCC partners, community organizations) to coordinate recruitment activities, track applicant progress, and identify and address issues as they arise.
· Work with referral partners to monitor application completion and attrition issues as early as possible; work collaboratively to design and implement solutions and early interventions.
· Document best practices to build all partners’ capacity to seamlessly execute and scale future partnerships and recruitment pipeline.
Other Program Support
· Attend up to two Scholar Development Sessions per month on Saturday mornings (7:45am-12pm) to support implementation of signature programming
· Support general office operations as needed