We are seeking a Principal Data Scientist - Machine Learning Platform to join our Data Science team to focus on researching and implementing healthcare Deep Learning algorithms at scale to become part of Lumiata’s Machine Learning Platform. This individual will play a critical data science and ML engineering leadership role, by stirring the team to specific experiment and research directions that can take our platform to the next level. We want this individual to lead internally and externally in the industry by contributing to the research and technical communities.
This role would involve a strong understanding of:
- How AI and machine learning can transform healthcare.
- How to build and deploy novel machine learning products.
- How medical information is stored and communicated between different actors in the healthcare system.
- What modern, open standards have been developed to better communicate and represent medical data.
- What specific standards must be respected... and how to ensure compliance to handle sensitive healthcare data including HIPAA, SOC 2 and HITRUST among others.
As a Principal Data Scientist, strong leadership and executive presence is desired; not only learn and apply the above, but to disseminate and evangelize with members of the team.
- Participate in cutting edge research in healthcare AI/ML applications.
- Develop solutions for real world, large scale problems.
- Drive industry standards and beyond within the DS team
- Use strong coding chops to drive experiments all the way to production
- Collaborate very tightly with our engineering team in terms of setting our long term technical strategy that blends engineering and science
- Mentor the more junior members of the data science organization
- Ph.D. in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent industry experience.
- Experience in Natural Language Understanding, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Algorithmic Foundations of Optimization, Data Mining or Machine Intelligence (Artificial Intelligence).
- Programming experience in C, C++, or Python.
- Contributions to research communities/efforts, including publishing papers in machine learning (JMLR, ICLR, NeurIPS, ICML, ACL, CVPR).
- Relevant work experience, including full time industry experience or as a researcher in a lab with Deep Learning on Electronic Health Records or claims data.
- Experience with Spark/pyspark
- Experience with Cloud (e.g., AWS, Google Cloud, Azure...etc)
- Strong publication record and open source contribution.
- Ability to design and execute on research agenda