The Opportunity - This is a remote role
Berkadia is seeking an ambitious Email Marketing Strategist with hands-on experience in email campaign production and management to develop and execute an effective email marketing program to increase customer base, retention, and conversion rates.
The Email Marketing Strategist will be responsible for audits, strategy, content, and setup of broadcast campaigns and email automations of current and potential customers. The ideal candidate should have proven success building and managing a variety of email programs for diverse types of clients and have an entrepreneurial attitude and should also have managerial experience. This is a cross-functional role that will work closely with creative, content, web, and other departments in the company.
The Strategist should also conceive and execute Email Marketing programs to develop communication plans; segmentation strategies; and online engagement. Evaluates effectiveness of email communications... Works with design on creative treatments to drive brand recognition and cohesivity with deal marketing.
- Define and drive email marketing strategy for the firm, including platform and distribution list decisions;
- Aligns with key stakeholders (e.g., sales leadership) to set expectations, define programs, and execute;
- Manages the email marketing team and daily execution of job duties;
- Manage daily operations of the email marketing channel – marketing calendar, strategy, and content;
- Create and deploy email campaigns, as well as conducting A/B testing, measurement, and reporting;
- Build and manage automated email marketing programs for our clients and ensure end-to-end tracking and proper measurement;
- Conceives strategies and tactics to raise rates of mailable contacts and retention and cross selling; as well as decrease opt out rates;
- Use data to continuously optimize the email marketing program and platform;
- Partner and collaborate cross-functionally with marketing and creative teams;
- Work with Data Governance team to assist with data cleansing initiatives, as needed;
- Familiarity with the latest developments, technologies, and methodologies in email marketing and related fields.
What you will need to be successful in this role
- 3-7 years’ experience in email marketing production and end-to-end campaign management
- Strong analytical and strategic copywriting skills, understanding of A/B testing practices, ability to draw conclusions from data and act accordingly
- Pardot experience is required – or hands-on experience with similar marketing automation platforms, such as Eloqua or Marketo
- Expertise in email best practices, including segmentation, deliverability, copy and design approaches.
- Working knowledge of HTML/CSS for email coding
- Comfort with CRM software -- Pardot and Salesforce
- Ability to think creatively and innovatively while having fun