New Alternatives for Children, Inc. (NAC) is an award-winning not-for-profit agency in Midtown Manhattan, with a satellite Bronx office, dedicated to serving children and families with medical complexity, chronic health conditions, significant disabilities and behavioral challenges. To assist in achieving this mission, NAC is currently seeking a Senior Grants Manager to join its Development Department.
To assist in achieving its mission, NAC is seeking a Senior Grants Manager to join its Development Department. The selected individual report to the Director of Institutional Giving. They will identify foundation, corporate and government grant funding sources, write proposals and LOIs for new and existing programs, write grants report, and research and track funders and potential funders.
Agency Name: New Alternatives for Children, Inc.
Description of Responsibilities:
· Generates revenues for NAC programs and services through timely submission of well-researched, well-written and well-documented grant proposals, taking a lead role in many larger, more complex grant opportunities
· Works with the Director of Institutional Giving and Executive staff to manage donor cultivation, solicitation and stewardship strategy for grants.
· Works with the Director of Institutional Giving to prioritize funding opportunities
· Liaisons with program staff to develop solid understanding of organization’s programs, initiatives, and history
· Collaborates with QI to finalize bi-annual client census counts
· Works with the CFO and program staff to formulate budgets for proposals.
· Writes progress reports to corporate and foundation funders
· Identifies funding opportunities and new programs to match NAC priorities, using research
· Assists with making contacts related to fundraising, such as contacting other agencies for letters of support; contacting funders as needed to obtain/update information, promote NAC and secure funding
· Assists with preparation for meetings such as the Board Development Committee as necessary
· Monitors paperwork and other related documents connected with grant-funded programming.
Required Education and Experience: