Country:United States of America
Location:UT3: Newington/Meriden 25 Holly Drive, Newington, CT, 06111 USAJob Description
Raytheon Technologies Corporation is an aerospace and defense company that provides advanced systems and services for commercial, military and government customers worldwide. It comprises four industry-leading businesses - Collins Aerospace Systems, Pratt & Whitney, Raytheon Intelligence & Space and Raytheon Missiles & Defense. Its 195,000 employees enable the company to operate at the edge of known science as they imagine and deliver solutions that push the boundaries in quantum physics, electric propulsion, directed energy, hypersonics, avionics and cybersecurity. The company, formed in 2020 through the combination of Raytheon Company and the United Technologies Corporation aerospace businesses, is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts.
Manage the desktop hardware... management team focusing on desktop hardware and peripherals, vendors, specifications, acquisitions, lifecycles/refresh, and secure disposal, while ensuring agreement with our key Business Unit leads to deliver strategic solutions.
Job Responsibilities Include
- Create and maintain an overall hardware plan that aligns with and supports senior management's Digital Workplace Strategy;
- Partner with Business Units and Desktop Solutions to create and manage hardware/persona standards that meet the goals of the Digital Workplace Strategy;
- Manage the Hardware Strategy coalition comprising of Business Units (BU) and key technical groups' representatives to review, adjust, and manage that plan;
- Configure and specify appropriate innovative hardware options that support the hardware/persona standards;
- Ensure all options meet operational and security compliance requirements, reduce functional overlap, and provide significant financial value;
- Develop and manage end-user review and acceptance testing of the hardware options;
- Work with key vendor engineering and supply chain teams to provide the required full range of end-user hardware options;
- Partner with supplying and supporting vendors to ensure timely refresh/replacement of aging assets;
- Ensure that the options consistently maintain current operational and security compliance, changing BU functionality needs, updated persona, and organizational strategies requirements; while driving operational improvements, customer satisfaction within best practices.
- 5+ years preffered history of experience with managing people and vendors in delivering hardware solutions;
- Clear history of experience with technical and architectural aspects of desktop hardware, both PC and Mac. Direct experience with hardware architecture, builds, installs, and problem resolution/repairing a plus;
- Experience interfacing with multiple differing vendors such as Dell, HP, Lenovo;
- Experience with regulatory frameworks such as NIST, SOX, PCI, HIPAA and ISO;
- Strong problem solving and analytical abilities including the evaluation of information gathered from multiple sources, reconcile conflicts, decompose high-level information into key details and apply sound business knowledge;
- Ability to apply management-level and financial analysis, decision making, and strategies for best-case, high-value evaluations;
- Experience with preparing and presenting business-case analysis to all levels management;
- Ability to meet deadlines and adjust to changing priorities;
- Comfortable multi-tasking effectively while working independently, as well as simultaneously working collaboratively as a team player, some members of which may be widely geographically-distributed;
- Strong organizational, interpersonal, analytical, verbal, and written communication skills are absolutely essential;
- Solid history of successful interpersonal customer-interfacing and -satisfaction skills is an absolute must.
Any of the following certifications considered an advantage:
- Project Management Professional (PMP);
- ITIL Foundations (v3 or higher);
- MCSE and/or Certified Network Engineer
10 Years Experience with BS or BA Degree in a technical program
Or Advanced Degree with 7 years experience
Any U.S. RTX location (REMOTE WORK AVAILABLE)
US Citizen or US Person required as work may involve visibility to ITAR related projects.
Raytheon Technologies is An Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status, age or any other federally protected class.
Click on this link to read the Policy and Terms
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status