- Scrum master certification (CSM) is required
- Team coach certification (CTC) is preferred
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB
This position will provide subject matter expertise and direction on complex projects/initiatives for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility to ensure Scrum theory, practices, and rules are understood and enacted. The Scrum Master will support two or three scrum teams within a fast-paced application development environment while adhering to Scrum principles. S/he will lead complex large scale and/or enterprise-wide Agile programs and coordinate with various program support teams.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintains knowledge on current and emerging developments/trends for assigned area(s) of responsibility, assess the impact, and collaborates with senior management to incorporate new trends and developments in current and future solutions.
- Directs and enhances organizational initiatives by positively... influencing and supporting change management and/or departmental/enterprise initiatives within assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Identifies and directs the implementation of process improvements that significantly improve quality across the team, department and/or business unit for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides subject matter expertise to team members and applicable internal/external stakeholders on complex assignments/projects for his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Provides direction on complex assignments, projects, and/or initiatives to build and enhance the capability of his/her assigned area(s) of responsibility.
- Leads multiple high performing Scrum teams facilitating progress toward delivery goals using agile practices and coordinates information with other non-scrum teams involved in the project.
- Practices and promotes client’s specialized Agile/Scrum delivery methodology including managing budget and schedules for assigned programs/projects.
- Identifies dependencies and removes impediments to project progress, identifies areas of risk, and develops and implements complex mitigation plans.
- Facilitates core Agile meetings with two or three teams (Sprint Planning, Daily Stand-up, Demo, Retrospective and Backlog refinement).
- Develops metric reports on project status, budget, schedule, and Agile metrics such as velocity and cycle time.
- Manages internal and external communication, improves transparency, and communicates information throughout the organization.
- Leads collaboration sessions with internal clients on complex/large-scale projects to formulate creative and practical solutions to software challenges.
- Interfaces and effectively communicates with business and technical resources.
- Synchronizes with non-technical teams to deliver releases smoothly.
- Identifies key cross-functional issues and project synergies; provides guidance with complex project issues.
- Collaborates effectively with management and appropriate project stakeholders on issues and conflicts that impact time, cost, scope, quality and risk of assigned complex projects/programs.
- Acts as a primary communication hub between the various functional departments and the software development team to foresee risks, formulate plans, and organize activities to ensure sprints are completed on time.
- Contributes to the software development process improvement initiatives and associated documentation, and provides valuable guidance to peers based on process/product knowledge and scrum experience.
- Ensures clear communication and organization of the team(s), along with maintaining the core scrum artifacts and facilitating the core scrum ceremonies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- 4 Year/Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience (4 years of experience in lieu of Bachelors) in IT or related business field (Minimum Required)
- 5 – 7+ Years of experience as a scrum master leading multiple software development project teams to deliver high-quality software solutions using Agile techniques (Required)
- Travel Type: National Domestic
- Travel Amount: up to 25%
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Demonstrated strong relationship management skills with internal clients (e.g. senior management, peers and colleagues); proven ability to develop creative and collaborative approaches.
- Demonstrates strong interpersonal skills with a collaborative style.
- Demonstrates strong project management leadership skills including, critical ability to coordinate and balance multiple projects in a time-sensitive environment, under pressure, and meeting deadlines.
- Finds common ground and can gain collaboration among senior/executive management, colleagues and peers; can influence outcomes without directing or commanding.
- Successfully completes regulatory and job training requirements.
- Thorough understanding of multiple SDLC methodologies with an emphasis on Agile.
- Experience managing multiple teams simultaneously in an Agile environment, including onsite and remote team members.
- Experience managing product and sprint backlogs, and executing effectively and efficiently using Agile techniques such as Scrum or Kanban.
- Ability to run sprint retrospectives and provide constructive feedback to teams regarding estimates, activities and process improvement.
- Strong experience in managing custom software development projects/programs