The Online Fundraising (OF) Manager will focus on fundraising from small dollar, individual donor sources to meet Creative Commons’ (CC) annual revenue and 20th Anniversary Campaign goals. This stream of revenue is critical to feeding CC’s overall fundraising pipeline, creating long-term support and engaging the open community in CC’s mission. In addition to this important work, the OF Manager will provide targeted support to the Director of Development and Development Manager for individual, corporate, and foundation fundraising. The position is based on a full time, six month, renewable contract.
The Online Fundraising Manager’s responsibilities include:
- Manage the Creative Commons direct response annual campaign with a target fundraising goal of $300,000 in 2021.
- Provide vision and planning for sustainable growth through direct response fundraising, including effective messaging and appeal strategies, and data analysis.
- Collaborate with Development staff, Program staff, and... the Board in the planning, execution, and evaluation of all campaigns.
- Integrate all fundraising communications across direct response platforms (email, online, mobile), coordinating closely with the Development and Communications teams.
- Maximize the income potential of present and lapsed donors, evaluate future acquisition strategies, and upgrade programs.
- Utilize data analytics and predictive modeling techniques to increase CC’s donor base and net revenue, and work toward greater vertical integration with the donor pipeline.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and annual reports on all campaign activity and on progress of goal to date by channel (e.g., online giving).
- Provide data and system maintenance support to the Development staff as needed.
- Support the implementation of the Creative Commons 20th Anniversary Campaign.
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Demonstrated success creating strategic appeal campaigns that communicate the case for support to individuals of various backgrounds.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently, engage frequently and openly with other remote workers, and to motivate others with a positive attitude.
- Excellent donor, vendor, and board communications/relations.
- Excellent budgeting and negotiation skills.
- Strict adherence to ethical and confidentiality guidelines at all times.
- Knowledge of planning, finance, budgeting, and development information systems.
- Strong affinity for the Creative Commons mission with the ability to serve as a compelling ambassador for CC.
- A deep, broad knowledge of industry best practices, standard operating procedures, and new approaches to digital fundraising and direct mail programs, system integration, and organizational efficiency.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- Exceptional organization, analytical, strategic planning, and research skills.
- Ability to maintain professionalism while completing responsibilities in a precise, dedicated, and flexible manner.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and deadlines while maintaining disciplined adherence to program goals.
- Must work well under pressure.
Preferred education and experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field of experience from accredited institution
- Four or more years of nonprofit fundraising and direct online marketing experience
- Experience and expertise in developing and implementing cohesive, innovative, aggressive, and integrated direct response strategies that have resulted in measurable and significant growth in net revenue and donor base
- Experience using CRMs (such as Salesforce), Project Management software (such as Asana), and Marketing Systems (such as Engaging Networks, Mailchimp, etc.)
- Experience working in a fully remote environment
Diversity & inclusion
We believe that diverse teams build better organizations and better services. Applications from qualified candidates from all backgrounds, including those from under-represented communities, are very welcome. Creative Commons works openly as part of a global community, guided by collaboratively developed codes of conduct and anti-harassment policies.
Work Environment and Location
Creative Commons is a fully-distributed organization — we have no central office. This position is in a remote working environment and you can be anywhere in the world as long as you’re available for meetings between 2 PM to 8 PM UTC. You must have reasonable mobility for necessary travel (when travel is permitted), and high-speed broadband access. Laptop computer can be supplied if necessary.
Salary and Benefits
Creative Commons is a leading non-profit employer, offering competitive salaries, and a positive, supportive work environment. The compensation range for this position is $30-40K USD (or equivalent) for a 6 month full time contract with the possibility of renewal.
How to Apply
Please email your resume and cover letter as a PDF to “email@example.com” with the subject heading of “OFM/ [Last Name].” Your cover letter should address why you are interested in this job and why you’re a good fit based on the requirements and responsibilities.
No phone calls, please. No recruiters