Overview: Wild Society (wildsociety.org) is a wilderness education nonprofit based in North Kitsap County in Washington State. Our mission is to cultivate wonder and belonging in the natural world.
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual excited to help us grow as an organization with the support of volunteers, community partners, donors, board members, and program participants. You will have the opportunity to help guide the future direction of our work alongside our Program Director and Board of Directors.
Wild Society prioritizes diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer and we encourage individuals from all cultures and communities to apply, especially BIPOC (Black, Indigenous, people of color), women, non-cis-gendered people, and other people underrepresented in outdoor organizations. In ecosystems and human societies alike, we know that diversity makes communities stronger. Thank you for considering joining us.
- Maintain... and build relationships with donors, partners, and the community.
- Lead fundraising campaigns and events.
- Manage the donor database and reporting.
- Research and manage grants.
- Manage marketing and communications for the organization.
- Oversee marketing consultant.
- Co-manage the organizational budget.
- Oversee contract accountant.
- Drive the organization to continually reexamine practices to center ourselves around justice, equity, diversity and inclusion.
- Participate in developing the long-term vision of the organization.
- Experience fundraising for nonprofits.
- Experience with donor cultivation and stewardship.
- Ability to effectively research and manage grants.
- Experience managing communications and content strategy.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to think creatively.
- Experience working with budgets (we hope you love numbers).
- Commitment to and consideration of justice, equity, diversity, and inclusion in all organizational decisions and development.
- Welcoming of people from different backgrounds with a willingness to listen and to learn.
- Access to personal workspace, computer, and internet connection.
- Strong sense of personal relationship with the natural world.
- Ability to operate at multiple operational levels—both big picture and details.
- Strong writing and public speaking skills.
- Creative, collaborative, and self-directed mindset.
- Experience with major gifts and corporate sponsorship.
- Grant writing experience, esp. for outdoor/environmental education.
- Graphic design, content creation, branding experience / interest.
- Familiarity with GSuite, LGL, WordPress, Mailchimp, Google Ads, social media.
- Willingness to meet weekly or as-needed, both remote and in-person in Kitsap County (when safe to do so. Meetings are currently remote or outside and physically distanced due to Covid-19).
Please note that we're open to folks applying from further afield in our region (King, Pierce, Snohomish, Jefferson Counties etc), and glad for remote work flexibility! That said, we're based in Kitsap and want someone who wants to help build community here