Mission: Individuals in the Advisory Services team at IntegriChain are part of an elite team of consultants who leverage their Life Sciences domain expertise to advise customers on a variety of market access, pricing, gross-to-net, and patient advisory matters.
The focus of the Director, Gross to Net, will be to provide IntegriChain’s customers with analytical insights and strategic recommendations on gross to net engagements. This individual must be able to analyze, model, and synthesize data and information to assist our customers in executing complex yet critical projects impacting their gross to net liabilities.
The Director, Gross to Net, will be the strategic voice to our customers seeking to understand and solve their forecasting and accrual accounting needs. This individual will be relied upon to help our customers untangle the complex pharmaceutical supply chain to clearly understand how interconnected pricing approaches, distribution channels, contracting... strategies and patient programs impact a manufacturer’s bottom line. The ideal candidate will demonstrate high-level analytical thinking combined with technical sophistication and a marketing-savvy approach to solve each business challenge in a way that demonstrates IntegriChain’s depth of domain expertise and that instills the customer with confidence and trust.
· Lead projects to assist pre-commercial pharma and biotech manufacturers in developing best-in-class gross to net organizations, processes, and forecasting and accrual methodologies. Coordinate with implementation teams to support the implementation of IntegriChain’s industry-leading GTN software through workshop execution, configuration design, and advisory support across the project.
· Assess customers’ current state GTN processes, benchmark against industry norms and best practices, develop recommendations to enhance and automate aspects of the GTN process, and build roadmaps to guide customers down the path to achieve these improvements
· Provide analyses, insights and strategic recommendations on GTN liabilities across government and commercial channels, including managed care contracts, Medicaid, Public Health Service (PHS) 340B, Tricare, returns, copay and Coverage Gap
· Support certain customers’ monthly close process, including establishing accruals, refreshing forecasts, providing critical analysis of data, and alerting customers to potential changes that may affect their business
· Perform accurate & timely accounting and analyses of all sales discounts, rebates, chargebacks, returns and allowances included in the calculation of gross-to-net revenue
· Assist customers in developing sophisticated, practical, and user-friendly forecasting and accrual models to ensure predictable forecasts, accurate accruals and a more efficient close process
· Prepare monthly revenue related journal entries and ledger account reconciliations
· Conduct reconciliations of actual transaction data to the associated accrual assumptions
· Partner with customers to ensure sales deduction accruals are in line with contractual agreements and analyze any variances
· Perform true-ups based on actual versus accrued contra revenue GTN deduction items
· Analyze, explain and meaningfully summarize gross to net variances
· Continuously communicate with internal cross-functional teams in order to stay on top of all developments relevant to product development and IntegriChain solutions
· Create on-time, high quality project deliverables while managing expectations internally and externally
· Demonstrate value to our customers and drive incremental revenue opportunities
· Contribute to IntegriChain’s industry-leading GTN thought leadership and benchmarking capabilities through networking and collaboration with customers and colleagues, independent and project-based research, project delivery, and conference attendance
· Minimum B.A. / B.S., CPA or MBA preferred with majors in Accounting, Finance, Economics, or similar
· 7 - 10 years of accounting experience working as a consultant or at a manufacturer within pharma
· Deep understanding of the GAAP principles related to revenue recognition and gross-to-net accounting practices
· Knowledge of the pharma supply chain, contracting and the relationship to how data flows through GTN models, including but not limited to direct sales, chargebacks, rebates, and copay data.
· Experience as the lead for complex GTN activities and deliverables including the ability to simplify complex GTN concepts, identify risk, develop innovative solutions, and achieve success
· Strong interpersonal and communication skills
· Excellent understanding of cross-functional team work
· Mastery of Excel and PowerPoint
· Excellent presentation skills