Responsible for Linux Red Hat operating systems administration including designing, installing, configuring, maintaining and testing, diagnosing system problems, backing up and restoring systems, participating in disaster recovery, ensuring activities are within IT policies and procedures, recommending ideas for policy and/or procedure changes, evaluating and recommending software and hardware products, and documenting procedures and activities.
- *This position can be supported remotely**
Essential Job Functions:
- Responsible for designing, installing, configuring, maintaining and testing Linux operating system related utilities and hardware in support of business requirements.
- Efficiently diagnose and resolve system problems.
- Perform software installations and upgrades to Linux operating systems and layered software packages.
- Monitor and make improvements to the system to achieve optimum performance levels.
- Ensure /server data... integrity by evaluating, implementing and managing appropriate software and hardware solutions.
- Research, evaluate and recommend software and hardware products.
- Participate including making recommendations in disaster recovery initiatives and exercises.
- Develop and promote standard Linux operating procedures.
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive Linux operating system hardware and software configuration database/library of all supporting documentation.
- Lead small projects and participate in medium and largescale projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Technology or a related field OR additional equivalent experience above the required minimum.
- 5 years Enterprise level Linux Red Hat experience managing 300+ servers OR additional equivalent education above the required minimum.
- Experience using backup and restore software
- Experience with converged infrastructure
- Participation in Disaster Recovery exercises on an annual basis
- Advance level of experience to write and maintain scripts (example; bash, awk, perl, python, etc)
- Experience with system automation + patch management (Ansible or Satellite)
- Experience using Enterprise Monitoring tools
- Participate in weekly team on-call rotation
- Experience with Kubernets and OpenShift cloud-based technologies a plus
- Experience with Linux based mail relay a plus
- Experience with vulnerability management (STIG / CIS compliance)
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong customer service skills
- Ability to research and effectively recommend software and hardware solutions
- Strong communication skills required to communicate with all levels within the organization
- Strong Team player
- This position will support a federal government contract. Applicants must be able to obtain Public Trust security clearance as required of federal government contractors to include a background check conducted by the U.S. Government to determine eligibility and suitability for federal contract employment for public trust or sensitive positions. For this level of clearance, applicants must possess U.S citizenship