Purpose of Job
We are currently seeking a talented Business Information Architect Senior - 100% Remote Available for the San Antonio Home Office I.
Holds responsibility for the development and implementation of the information architecture to support the measuring and monitoring of enterprise business needs. Maintains the design around the full set of Enterprise information capabilities that support existing and strategic business capabilities.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA... Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers - World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Demonstrates advanced knowledge of information governance practices and standards.
- Demonstrates mastery of information architecture tools to include Infosphere Data Architect (IDA), Infosphere Governance Catalog (IGC), Infosphere Metadata Workbench to create information architecture deliverables.
- Applies advanced knowledge to perform regular assessments of the health and maturity of information capabilities for a given domain.
- Applies advanced knowledge to identify new information capabilities needed to support business capabilities of a given business domain and recommends solutions.
- Guides efforts to define the mission, goals, critical success factors, principles, and policies for information strategy and architecture (IS&A).
- Applies knowledge to reference models to information architecture; displays knowledge/understanding of reference models to articulate business information requirements.
- Provides key advisement to key stakeholders to build business cases to secure approval and funding for data and analytical efforts.
- Provides key contributions toward the creation and maintenance of a conceptual model for information capabilities for a given domain.
- Influence direction and implementation of measurement frameworks by monitoring measure design and development and providing consultative services.
- Monitors business and development activities and ensures alignment to published IS&A direction, taking appropriate action when deviation is observed.
- Develops IS&A artifacts to include statements of direction, logic models, decision matrices, information capabilities, information categories, business entities, and conceptual models.
- Educates other practitioners on the value and practice of IS&A; develops and nurtures healthy peer and mentee relationships; develops effective models to convey moderately complex concepts.
- Collaborates with other architectural disciplines to influence information architecture direction, technical and data design decisions.
- Identifies and recommends appropriate data sources to be used in solution development and delivery.
- Bachelor's Degree.
- 4 years work experience in information management or related experience can be substituted in lieu of a degree in addition to the minimum years of work experience.
- 6 years of experience in information and/or data architecture to include strategy, planning, and delivery oversight; or if Advanced degree, 4 years experience in information or data architecture.
- Previous experience with modern data architecture environments (Cloud, Hadoop, NoSQL, etc.).
- Proven ability to embrace new technologies of the future and operationalize these to deliver value (Data Virtualization, Cloud).
- Comprehensive understanding and experience working with data analysis tools and leveraging reporting and data analysis that molds the way user experiences are designed.
- Demonstrated experience and ability to apply architectural principles to business solutions.
- Exceptional communication skills and the ability to communicate appropriately at all levels of the organization; this includes written and verbal communications as well as visualizations.
- Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- USAA Employees: Proficiency with USAA enterprise data assets: C3i, MCIC, MAAC, SiteCatalyst
- Proficiency with Java / Adobe SiteCatalyst "tagging" to create behavioral data from channel interactions
- Experience implementing and delivering data strategy with Snowflake/AWS
- Experience with data munging tools (like Dremio, Domino, Jupyter Notebooks) and creating/persisting data structures for analytic efforts
USAA has an effective process for assessing market data and establishing ranges to ensure we remain competitive. You are paid within the salary range based on your experience and market position. The salary range for this position is: $97,200 - $175,000 *(this does not include geographic differential it may be applied based on your work location)
Employees may be eligible for pay incentives based on overall corporate and individual performance or at the discretion of the USAA Board of Directors.
- Geographical Differential: Geographic pay differential is additional pay provided to eligible employees working in locations where market pay levels are above the national average.
Shift premium will be addressed on an individual-basis for applicable roles that are consistently scheduled for non-core hours.
At USAA our employees enjoy best-in-class benefits to support their physical, financial, and emotional wellness. These benefits include comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, 401(k), pension, life insurance, parental benefits, adoption assistance, paid time off program with paid holidays plus 16 paid volunteer hours, and various wellness programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education assists employees with their professional goals.
Please click on the link below for more details.
USAA Total Rewards
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager's approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 2/4/21 by 11:59 pm CST time