New ideas are all around us, but only a few will change the world. That’s our focus at JPL. We ask the biggest questions, then search the universe for answers—literally. We build upon ideas that have guided generations, then share our discoveries to inspire generations to come. Your mission—your opportunity—is to seek out the answers that bring us one step closer. If you’re driven to discover, create, and inspire something that lasts a lifetime and beyond, you’re ready for JPL.
Located in Pasadena, California, JPL has a campus-like environment situated on 177 acres in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains and offers a work environment unlike any other: we inspire passion, foster innovation, build collaboration, and reward excellence.
- JPL's Ground Data System (GDS) Integration, Test, and Deployment (ITD) team is seeking an energetic, multi-disciplined Integration and Test Engineer to join the team. You will be part of the Mission Systems Engineering... Section and report to the Technical Group Supervisor.
- Will be a member of the National Security Programs Office (NSPO) Mission System team and will report programmatically to the NSPO Mission System Manager and collaborate with the Ground V&V System Engineer.
- Will function as a Ground Data Systems I&T Engineer supporting mission GDS infrastructure and architecture (including mission system software, hardware, networks, and facilities) to meet functional, performance, security, and interface requirements and integrates with external systems hardware, software, and users. The Ground System is an integrated system of computer hardware, ground software, facilities, networks, and IT infrastructure used to support and operate a Mission Operation System on JPL flight- projects. The GDS supports all phases of the mission including design, development, test, and operations. Will work under the guidance of mission GDS I&T Lead.
- GDS ITD group members are typically multi-disciplined engineers with knowledge of computer hardware, software, and various areas of Information Technology such as networking, databases, systems administration, and cyber security. We implement, test, and support deploy the GDS designs and visions of GDS system-engineers and architects. Our group members are practitioners of verification and validation, and we ensure that GDS subsystems integrate with each other through their interfaces, the end-to-end GDS provides all the functional capabilities to support all flight-project use-case scenarios, and the GDS operates reliably while meeting all performance and usability expectations. We are also responsible for supporting our GDS user community and production environments, which can both present a myriad of technical challenges thus requiring our group members to have excellent problem-solving, root cause analysis, communication, interpersonal, and broad technical skills.
- Interface with a wide range of engineers such as system engineers, developers, system administrators, network engineers, configuration management engineers, spacecraft engineers, science users, managers, and all the users of the Ground System.
- Ability to multi-task on multiple products and projects and can work independently as well as with teams.
- If you are an engineer who bleeds technology, enjoys problem solving, teamwork, and is customer -focused this an ideal posiiton for you.
- Bachelor’s degree in engineering or related technical discipline with a minimum of 3 years of related experience; Masters degree in engineering or related technical discipline with a minimum of 1 years of related experience; or PhD in similar discipline.
- Work experience in system engineering lifecycle activities and product including Configuration Management, Continuous Integration, Software and/or System Testing, Software Test Automation, Software Deployment.
- Knowledge of software architecture practices and extensive experience in the integration and deployment of large scale and highly complex software systems.
- Excellent coding and scripting skills in languages such as Java, shell, Python, Perl, or Ruby
- Knowledge of test automation practices, familiarity with test automation tools, practical
experience developing test automation solutions, and software deployment methods
- Working knowledge of automated tests using frameworks and tools, such as
RobotFramework, TestNG, Selenium, Watir, TestComplete
- Working knowledge of software configuration management and issue tracking tools (such
as GIT, SVN, AccuRev, CVS, JIRA)
- Analytical and troubleshooting skills with problem-solving experience in a distributed
Unix/Linux environment where working knowledge of Unix/Linux environment is required
- Excellent oral and written communications
- Highly motivated and self-starting, ability to work well in a team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to specify and deploy the infrastructure, processes, and artifacts necessary to conduct and manage a strong, robust, and efficient test program with full traceability
- Knowledgeable of test management practices, including identification and interpretation of test metrics
- Experience in using one or more continuous integration tools such as Bamboo, Hudson, Jenkins, GitLab
- Knowledge of software test management tool (such as TestRail, qTest) with understanding of best practices
- Experience with AWS, cloud platform
- Experience with docker container and puppet deployment
- Experience with cybersecurity testing
- Experience in writing training documents and conducting software systems operations
- Experience using a requirements management systems such as DOORs
- Direct experience in DoD systems engineering lifecycle.
- Knowledge and experience in applicable DoD policies and procedures pertaining to
Ground Systems and Mission Operations.
- An active Top Secret clearance based on a Single Scope Background Investigation(SSBI) within the last five years and be approved for Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) access