Reddit is a network of more than 100,000 communities where people can find experiences built around their interests, hobbies and passions. Reddit users submit, vote and comment on content, stories and discussions about the topics they care about the most. From pets to parenting, there’s a community for everybody on Reddit and with more than 52 million daily active users, it is home to the most open and authentic conversations on the internet. For more information, visit redditinc.com.
We are looking for an enthusiastic and thoughtful Product + Community Communications Manager to join our growing Comms team! Reddit Comms works cross-functionally with executives and leadership across the company to launch new products, develop narratives, mine for stories and build up our thought leaders in an effort to shape the public’s perception of our brand, products and business.
About the Role
Our Product + Community Communications Manager will be a crucial part of a developing team, leading... strategy, messaging, storytelling and thought leadership in support of Reddit’s vast consumer product org. Reporting into our Sr. Director of Communications, this new role will work closely with Product, Design, UX, Community and Growth teams to help shape the public narrative for Reddit’s evolving community and DTC products on a global scale. An important part of this role will be helping to engage the Reddit community around new product experiences and drive adoption/positive reception. This is a unique opportunity to help steer the perception of the platform, launch new products, and tell the story of Reddit’s unique approach to Community building for the front page of the internet (and the OG of community online).
It’s an exciting time to join Reddit. We’re internationalizing, expanding our business, testing and innovating daily in an effort to tackle our mission of bringing community and belonging to everyone online. There’s never been a greater need for digital community, and this role will be at the forefront of our product story as we enter a new phase of growth.
This is the first product-dedicated role on Reddit’s Comms team, and thus comes with significant opportunity for focus and professional growth. The position is available remotely, and thanks to Reddit’s recent workplace policy, your location will not affect your pay. This is a deeply cross-functional role.
What You’ll Do:
- Work closely with the Communications team, Consumer Product, Design, Product Marketing, Community, and UX Research teams to develop and tell our community/product innovation story at a global scale.
- Build, execute, manage and measure strategic communications plans related to Reddit’s consumer product -- including: video + RPAN, Chat, Awards, Premium, etc -- and product-related Business Development launches.
- Draft high-level messaging, communications strategies and media assets for announcements, activations, partnerships, and product launches.
- Help develop and manage cross-functional product launch campaigns, working closely with Reddit’s Product and Community teams to translate public messaging about product updates to our passionate community of users and moderators. Is the lead in writing messaging and copy to press/external, and provides guidance to Community for their platform posts.
- Build relationships with reporters and secure top tier coverage to reach key stakeholders for product news, focusing on consumer tech and internet culture verticals
- Create a thoughtful, proactive Thought Leadership program for key leaders across Reddit’s Product, Design and UX Research orgs.
- Media-train executives, business leads and spokespeople to ensure confidence and key message resonance for public-facing press initiatives, including interviews and speaking opportunities.
- Develop internal relationships and attend cross-functional portfolio meetings to stay informed on key initiatives and identify strategic storytelling opportunities.
- Quickly connect dots and gather information to manage portfolio-related crises and issues.
- Help build out Reddit’s relationships with key press, industry influencers, academics and others. Quickly and successfully address media requests in a tactful, pleasant and professional manner.
What We Can Expect From You:
- Bachelor's degree in PR/Communications-related field.
- 8-10 years of experience in product, consumer and/or partnership communications, preferably with experience in both agency and in-house settings.
- Strong writer with vision and perspective to help shape narratives and comms strategies on both the portfolio and specific announcement level.
- Deep experience with media relations and proven results securing coverage across a variety of media beats and tiers -- ideally with existing relationships at leading consumer tech publications.
- Creative, opportunistic and proactive storyteller who is constantly mining for stories and unafraid to dig in, research and pitch angles and ideas to the team.
- Energetic, assertive, results-oriented, self-starter with the desire and ability to go above and beyond.
- Comfortable with ambiguity and adaptable to different cross-functional personality types, processes and approaches.
- Proactive leader with a strategic vision, who can manage, mentor and inspire others to do their best work.
- Understanding of Reddit’s business (ads) and familiarity with our products.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills, detail-oriented.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- A love of the news and a fluency with news organizations, reporters and the various ways they communicate