New ideas are all around us, but only a few will change the world. That’s our focus at JPL. We ask the biggest questions, then search the universe for answers—literally. We build upon ideas that have guided generations, then share our discoveries to inspire generations to come. Your mission—your opportunity—is to seek out the answers that bring us one step closer. If you’re driven to discover, create, and inspire something that lasts a lifetime and beyond, you’re ready for JPL.
Located in Pasadena, California, JPL has a campus-like environment situated on 177 acres in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains and offers a work environment unlike any other: we inspire passion, foster innovation, build collaboration, and reward excellence.
The role of an Enterprise Systems Analyst will be a member of the JPL's Collaboration and Engineering Platform Development and Analysis Group and provide support to the Collaborative Hosting Platform Service (CHPS... supporting the SharePoint platform, IIS/SQL hosting and other custom/COTS applications.
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Support, configure, and develop the CHPS environments; including various SharePoint farms and services, including search, User Profile, BCS, and Excel services.
- Receive work instructions from the line management, product leads, and sponsors responsible for the platforms and websites.
- Support customers with all service related issues.
- Support development efforts for hosting within CHPS; including site backup and restore, procedure validation, and testing support.
- Develop operational procedures and provide training to support personnel.
- Analyze and assess existing business systems and procedures.
- Assist in the definition, development, and documentation of business requirements, objectives, deliverables, and specifications on a project-by-project basis in collaboration with developers, stakeholders, and customers.
- Assist with software development project plans, including scoping, scheduling, and implementation.
- Research, test, and implement security and functional updates to services and applications within the CHPS infrastructure.
- Provide level 4 support for issues escalated from operations for CHPS services.
- Provide oncall support for resolution of after hours issues within the CHPS platform.
- Liaise with service providers, operations, and customers to assist in resolving problems with CHPS framework, sites, and information.
- Lead tasks for the implementation of new solutions, improvements to existing solutions, and general maintenance.
- Develop and maintain user and technical manuals and guidelines.
- A Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, or related discipline, with a minimum of 6 years of related experience; Master's degree in similar disciplines with a minimum of 4 years of related experience; or PhD with 2 years of related experience
- 6 years experience or more with implementing and maintaining SharePoint 2013/2016/2019 farms and services.
- 6 years of experience or more of relational database and operating systems experience with MS SQL 2012/2016 databases.
- Familiarity with Windows and IIS administration.
- Familiarity with network load balancing and Windows clustering a plus
- Experience supporting Active Directory, ADFS, and federated authentication.
- Understanding of SharePoint administration including management of service applications, web applications, site collection administration, solution deployment, and backup/restore via Central Administration and PowerShell.
- Understanding of Microsoft Visual Studio and Web systems architecture.
- Solid working knowledge of current Internet technologies, including .Net Service Communication applications.
- Experience with agile software development, scrum, and TFS.
- Experience developing test cases and test plans.
- Experience in Information architecture and taxonomy development.
- Able to communicate effectively with technical as well as non-technical personnel.
- Flexible and adaptable in regards to learning and understanding new technologies.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Highly self-motivated and directed.
- Keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Ability to work both independently and in a team-oriented, collaborative environment