ABOUT COLOR OF CHANGE
Color Of Change is the nation’s largest online racial justice organization. As a national online force driven by over one million members, we move decision-makers in corporations and government to create a more human and less hostile world for Black people in America. We activate our members to take action on crucial issues—from criminal justice to media representations to the social safety net and voter freedom—so that we can build the power necessary to transform the written and unwritten rules of society. Our work – both rapid response and long-term campaigns for change – amplifies the voices of Black folks and our allies, building power and delivering meaningful wins that create consequences for racial injustice and build momentum for implementing solutions that move Black people and all people forward.
The Senior SMS Manager should be an experienced, creative, innovative mobile strategist looking to be part of a dynamic team to implement... compelling fundraising, advocacy, and membership campaigns. This position will proactively identify opportunities to drive results with a strong focus on content strategy and production, as well as the technical components of the mobile program including audience development, optimizing, and reporting.
This position reports to the Deputy Senior Director and responsibilities include:
- Ability to effectively use a Black/racial justice frame of reference to write, plan and execute integrated mobile campaigns.
- Lead the technical management, data, and messaging of the mobile program to drive advocacy and fundraising actions. Coordinate with the Campaigns & Storytelling teams to amplify actions and elevate organizations’ brand.
- Oversee campaign creation from start to finish. Write clear action plans, develop timelines, and coordinate internal feedback and review in order to manage mobile messaging campaigns.
- Analyze performance and report insights from messaging in coordination with the Data and Digital departments. Lead user testing and audience analysis to gain insights into our core demographic to retain and acquire subscribers.
- Ensure the successful execution and launches of all mobile messaging (broadcast SMS and peer-to-peer texting). Deploys data and audience segmentation optimization strategies to improve the performance of ongoing campaigns.
- Manage relationships with vendors, compliance, and partners.
The ideal candidate has the following:
- 3+ years of digital, marketing, or communications experience.
- 2+ years experience working with mobile messaging platforms, email marketing tools, and CRM applications; knowledge of Upland a plus.
- Strong critical thinking, writing, and verbal skills. The ability to communicate information clearly is fundamental to this role, including a variety of content for varied audiences, internal reports, strategy decks, and memos.
- Attention to detail: Ability to maintain high levels of accuracy, and assist the team with fact-checking and ensuring content is clear and correct.
- Demonstrated ability to work well under pressure and tight deadlines while handling multiple assignments.
- Top-notch organization skills. There’s a lot to keep track of in this role, and nothing can fall through the cracks. Managing multiple priorities and timeliness is key