Mosaic Youth Theatre of Detroit seeks a knowledgeable, passionate, and creative fund development professional to join our team as Fund Development Manager. Excelling at relationship-building, communication, and time management the Fund Development Manager will enhance Mosaic’s efforts to retain, diversify and develop funding partnerships that support current needs and aspirational goals. The Fund Development Manager is responsible for assisting the Executive & Artistic Director and Board of Directors with the design and execution of annual development plans, including major gifts, individual giving, grants, corporate and foundation relations, and stewardship of current and prospective donors.
- Work with the Executive & Artistic Director, internal team, and the Board of Directors to develop and implement strategic/fund development annual plans and budgets for all fund development activities to ensure financial sustainability and progressively increase... revenues. Evaluate plan regularly with the Executive & Artistic Director.
- Lead efforts to identify, cultivate, solicit, and acknowledge current and prospective partners and individual donors.
- Assist with the development and management of an aggressive grant and corporate development agenda, including outlining goals and identifying risks and targets for growth.
- Serve as project manager on grant applications (both narrative and budget) and grant reports.
- Provide support to the Executive Director, volunteers, and Board members as they cultivate and solicit donors for organization-wide priorities.
- Provide regular progress reports covering organizational fund development progress, trends, and opportunities.
- Assist with a moves management program for individual donors that includes all aspects of the giving cycle, including identification, cultivation, solicitation, and stewardship.
- Oversee the development and implementation of brand-conscious collaterals and campaigns that show impact and demonstrate need, increasing awareness about the mission of Mosaic and supporting programming and fund development activity.
- Manage system and software (Salesforce) to track (including data entry), cultivate, and regularly communicate with current and prospective donors and partners.
- Ensure a segmented stewardship plan is in place and being executed across all levels of giving on a timely basis. Develop opportunities for sponsorships of events, workshops, and signature program components.
- Act as a staff liaison to the Board of Director’s Development Committee to ensure that the board has tools and training and is fully engaged in the efforts to raise needed funds.
- Support the Executive and Artistic Director by overseeing post-event follow up including thank you notes and post-event evaluation. Ensure all information in the database is accurate according to standards set by the organization.
- Serve as a credible and compelling spokesperson on behalf of the organization.
- Proactively seek out and strengthen relationships with professional organizations, associations, and religious groups through frequent face-to-face meetings.
- Assess, manage/oversee fund development media relations projects.
What we’re looking for in a candidate:
The Fund Development Manager must be adaptive and entrepreneurial, with a problem-solving and positive approach to their work.
- Passion for Mosaic’s mission, growth, and a strong desire to connect donors to their passion for young people.
- Embrace the essential components of a strong team: open communication, trust, respect, loyalty, and shared vision.
- Proven track record of fund development success.
- Ability to plan, facilitate, and approach meetings and projects with clearly articulated goals.
- Active listener with the ability to synthesize information and translate it into strategy or action plan.
- Flexibility, reliability, stability, and consistency in job performance.
- Ability to proactively communicate with all stakeholders including Mosaic staff, board members, donors, partners, marketing and community-based organizations, and vendors.
- Valid Michigan Driver’s license, good driving record, and access to a personal vehicle.
Physical Demands/Work Environment:
Some local travel required as part of community speaking and fund development activities, training, and meeting participation.
Some evening and weekend hours required.
Some heavy lifting and moving of supplies