About this job
Compensation: $60k - 90k
Location options: Remote
Job type: Contract
Experience level: Senior
Industry: Computer Software, Electronic Time Tracking, SaaS
Company size: 11–50 people
Company type: Private
reactjs, ruby-on-rails, ruby
We are looking for a fully remote Senior Full-stack Engineer who has several years of experience in React + Ruby on Rails. You will help us build our 2nd product - a Kanban project management tool. This is our up and coming product and it's growing quickly. We need your help to keep up with the growth and deliver some key features.
Why Work With Us:
Hubstaff is a fast-growing startup building tools to make (remote) work better. We are market leaders in the time tracking space and growing rapidly in the project management space.
Here are some reasons why you should consider joining us:
- We’re a small team that is very strong technically. You’ll be working alongside Senior Developers with plenty... of industry experience. You’ll be exposed to hard technical challenges within a strong team.
- We’ll trust you and help you grow. You’ll be given plenty of responsibility as your role will be vital in order for the company to meet its targets. We take career development seriously and provide education and courses as needed.
- We let you work from anywhere. You work from where you want. We care a lot about our culture, having fun while working hard, and our annual retreats.
- We let you work on your timezone. The time zone you follow is up to you. As long as you can have some overlap with our European or American teams, you'll be fine.
This is a long-term (years, our hope is forever) full-time (40 hrs/wk) 1099 (hourly) contract role. We care about job security for our team and we’re looking for people who can grow with our products for years to come.
What You’ll Do:
- Develop new web services with Ruby on Rails.
- Implement layouts with React.
- Suggest performance improvements and provide assistance with application architecture design.
- Communicate with the Engineering Manager and with other Full Stack developers to establish priorities and plan the application roadmap.
What You Should Know:
- Ruby on Rails
- Postgres or MySQL
- Unit tests (rspec, Jest, etc.)
- Background workers (Sidekiq)
- Working from design docs/specifications & wireframes
- Service workers architecture
- Advanced SQL (query optimization, locking, etc