Global Growth is seeking a high-level benefits administrator to manage a self-insured benefits plan and to transition it to several fully insured plans. The HR/Benefits Director also will be in charge of assessing compliance programs for member companies. To be successful in this role you will need strong time management skills and be able to deal with shifting priorities. The position ideally will be located in the CT or ET time zones
Leadership at Global Growth is a unique opportunity that offers challenge, autonomy, and infinite opportunities for growth. Ask yourself:
- Do you thrive when challenged?
- Are you driven to succeed?
- Are you willing to get in the trenches and not just delegate?
- Are you able to get out of your comfort zone to take critical feedback, stretch and grow?
- Are you able to expand your success to others, to develop leaders alongside you?
- Are you unafraid of failure and able to learn from your mistakes?
- Do you derive satisfaction... from identifying leaders and helping them succeed?
- Manage a self-insured health insurance program
- Oversee the transition of one self-insured program to several fully insured program
- Manage and optimize a benefits package that includes life insurance, disability insurance, wellness programs and more.
- Manage HR compliance for the employees in the corporate office
- Audit HR compliance for employees in member companies
- Point person for all questions regarding benefits, policies, and procedures of multiple business units.
- Perform benefit presentations as needed online and in person.
- Overall management of Paychex Benetrac System for employee benefits.
- Responsible for Medical, Dental, Vision and Disability Insurance bill allocations / reconciliation.
- Maintain tracking sheets for sending out eligibility for benefits to employees on varying dates, depending on individual business units’ health plan and the benefit selection options.
- Responsible for open enrollment with new rates annually.
- Recommend changes in benefits offered and new benefits options.
- Responsible for employee verification, garnishments, unemployment claims, DOL, EEOC, ACA Filings.
- Responsible for Disability, FMLA and workers comp filings as needed for multiple business units.
- Assist in 401K plan administration.
- Ensure that all new hire paperwork is processed correctly.
- Assist in benefits enrollment process for newly acquired entities.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Human Resources, Business, or Organization Development.
- 8 years plus of progressive leadership experience in Human Resources and benefits positions.
- Experienced and knowledgeable in employment law, compensation, organizational planning, recruitment, organization development, employee relations, safety, employee engagement, and employee development
- Three years’ experience in the administration of benefits and compensation programs and other Human Resources recognition and engagement programs and processes.
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills
- Outstanding interpersonal relationship building and employee coaching skills
- Excellent computer skills in a Microsoft Windows environment. Strong working knowledge of Excel in addition to Human Resources Information Systems (HRIS) skills.
- General knowledge of various employment laws and practices and experience working with a corporate employment law attorney.
- Evidence of the ability to practice and coach organization managers in the practice of a high level of confidentiality.
- Excellent organizational management skills.
- Salary DOE
- Full Benefits Package Available
Global Growth is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items