Superpedestrian brings together a team of extraordinary people for one vision: transforming micromobility worldwide. Shared micromobility - fleets of scooters, bicycles, and e-bikes - is the future of global transportation. As the industry evolves, operators and riders are demanding safer, more reliable, cost-effective solutions. At Superpedestrian, we develop new technologies to revolutionize and scale micromobility.
Founded out of the MIT Senseable City Lab and backed by leading venture investors General Catalyst and Spark Capital, Superpedestrian’s first product was the Copenhagen Wheel - an award-winning consumer e-bike product. In 2019, Superpedestrian launched the world's first smart scooter designed and engineered for shared mobility. Our vehicles are deployed around the world and we’re rapidly scaling our team and vehicle deployments. Join us as we revolutionize personal transit for a sustainable future.
Who you are:
Superpedestrian is looking for a collaborative... highly organized professional to join our Central Operations team as an Environment, Health and Safety Manager. The role will support our Market Operations teams in North America and EMEA. The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of occupational health and safety requirements and workplace evaluation as well as a knowledge of applicable regulations and laws. A proven ability to effectively interact and influence senior management is essential.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and maintain a comprehensive written environmental, health & safety program, tools, and materials.
- Develop and implement training for all personnel to assure understanding of environmental health and safety programs.
- Establish a data-driven approach for all safety actions and programs, both in identifying problems, opportunities, and tracking success against OKRs.
- Continuously improve all protocols, processes, platforms, and tools that relate to safety across the organization.
- Monitor all compliance items to ensure adherence with statutory requirements in every operation.
- Provide insight and advice on meeting the EHS requirements and work with management teams and business units to identify and handle risks.
- Innovate the process for reporting, investigating and communicating accidents, hazards and concerns.
- Support Market Operations with emergency response preparation, including training and drills.
What we’re looking for:
- An associates or technical degree is preferred with at least 4 years of relevant work experience
- Demonstrated knowledge of EHS regulations in global operations, and regulatory concepts and requirements
- Knowledge of investigative techniques and reporting
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Deep sense of curiosity and desire to learn new things
- Ability to work with limited supervision
- Ability to rapidly change roles and responsibilities while working in a fast-paced, challenging work environment
- Ability to multitask, prioritize and troubleshoot new tasks as they arise
- Highly motivated and willing to seek out and run with opportunities that may arise
- Certified Safety Professional (CSP) is a plus