Muck Rack is the leading SaaS platform for public relations and communications professionals. Our mission is to make PR pros more successful by providing them with technology to find journalists to pitch, monitor media, quantify their impact and work more efficiently with their teams.
Self-funded and remote-first, Crain's named Muck Rack one of the best places to work in 2019 and 2020. We value resilience, transparency, ownership, and customer devotion and infuse these values into everything we do. We're growing quickly, and we're looking for an inspiring, empathetic and driven Sales Manager to join our team and make a big impact leading a team of passionate salespeople.
Muck Rack is at a critical growth point with a thriving sales team that had a record breaking year in 2020. Your mission will be to continue to drive that growth as the team scales. As a Sales Manager, you will train, coach, support and manage a team of salespeople focused on winning new customers in the mid-market... segment of Muck Rack. You should be excited about managing a team working in a fast-paced environment with a diverse range of agency and brand prospects. You'll be a great fit for this role if you have a strong desire to manage a team, are confident and experienced in SaaS sales, and you're collaborative, dedicated to the team, and committed to growing the business sustainably.
You will work closely with senior sales leadership, and the sales development and account management teams.
More about the role:
- Managing a team of 7 - 9 salespeople to achieve sales goals and activity requirements
- Holding ongoing, recurring one-on-ones with direct reports
- Leading and programming sales meetings
- Owning performance management, including feedback and coaching
- Hiring and training new team members
- Executing sales strategy and participating in strategy discussions
- Participating in sales team policy development
- Participating in development of sales enablement materials
- Joining prospect conversations to support your team and help close business as necessary
- Becoming an industry expert in PR software and Muck Rack's fit
- You will NOT have an individual quota and are NOT responsible for closing your own business
More about you:
- At least 3 years of SaaS sales experience in a closing role OR at least 1 year of SaaS closing experience and 2 years of people management experience. A total of at least 4 years of professional experience is required.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal - you're equally comfortable sending messages via Slack, jumping on a Zoom to strategize with a team member, and leading meetings and presenting to your team or the whole company
- You have a strong desire to manage people and lead a team, and you're confident this is the right next step for you
- You have experience carrying a quota, demoing software, negotiating contracts, and closing deals
- You have experience using a CRM (ideally HubSpot or Salesforce)
- You enjoy working with junior teammates and have direct experience managing junior colleagues or have participated in some sort of mentorship program
- Exposure to a performance management framework that includes one-on-ones, continuous feedback, and regular reviews is helpful
- Experience in hiring and interviewing is also a plus
- Exposure to PR or having worked in PR is a bonus
More about us:
Muck Rackers work to make journalists, PR pros, and marketers more successful.
Self-funded and growing quickly but sustainably, we have the freedom to build forward-thinking products, put our customers first, and offer an inclusive culture that welcomes diverse perspectives.
We enjoy the flexibility to work where we're most productive and stay connected no matter where we're located. We each have an impact on our continued growth and success, and we all take pride in the work we do to drive the company forward.
We encourage candidates of all backgrounds and experiences to apply. We understand job requirements often don't allow your particular work history to shine, and we invite you to show us what you know, and how it relates to our technology. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Benefits & Perks:
- Flexible remote-first policy
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- 401(k) plan with employer contributions
- Flexible spending account
- Access to OneMedical, 24/7 Virtual Care, and an Employee Assistance Program
- Off-the-grid vacation
- Paid parental leave
- Commuter benefits
- Discounted gym & bike memberships
- Opt-in disability and life insurance
- Muck Rack encourages individuals from a broad diversity of backgrounds to apply for positions. We are an equal opportunity employer, meaning we're committed to a fair and consistent interview process.
- While this position is remote, we are unable to hire internationally for this role