Energize your career with one of Healthcare's fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company - where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it's a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world's leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum - a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 10 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on... track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
You'll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges. Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
- All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group's Telecommuter Policy.
What we do defines who we are. Take a deeper look at how we're providing support during this global health crisis and search for a way you can get involved. View our Covid-19 Resources Page at:
- Responsible for all aspects of the customer relationship as it pertains to contract development, operational implementation and contract compliance. Must be the contact and operational expert when interacting with the customer, understanding system needs, and operational administrative requirements thus ensuring customer satisfaction and operational compliance.
- Work in conjunction with the Program Manager in order to establish and maintain relationships with customers in order to meet deliverables
- Measure process performance, anticipate and monitor each customers trends for demands on services, develop plans and sets goals that lead to improved operational effectiveness and efficiency for each customer.
- Develop and maintain relationships with all levels of staff throughout the organization and act as primary liaison between operational departments specifically regarding issue resolution, processes, training, education and support for customers.
- Track contract deliverables to include scope of services, terms and conditions, pricing and billing and performance standards and follow-up items between internal operational departments and customers.
- Facilitate issue resolution between all parties to ensure all commitments and customer expectations are met.
- Assist in the implementation of new business or changing customer requirements into the OptumServe Health Services operations based on project management principles with regard to setting deadlines, assigning responsibilities and monitoring and reporting progress while maintaining the scope, cost and time objectives.
- Function as a liaison between IT and technical support staff and operational units to manage development and implementation of system enhancements and updates for customers, assist the Director, Program Management with the system setup for new and existing customers and test newly implemented enhancements, modifications and functionality.
- Define and develop operational processes to meet requirements of new and existing customers and participate with departmental managers, supervisors, employees to finalize those processes in each area to meet the needs of the customer.
- Provide regular customer and operational updates and reports to the Director, Program Management on the state of each contract positioning for business development as needed.
- Complete data reporting and analysis to make informed decisions on process changes, cost saving initiatives and efficiencies that can be gained that will affect the profitability of the contract.
You'll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Associate's Degree (or higher) in Business or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of demonstrated experience in operations and client service capacity
- 1+ years of experience working in Microsoft office suite, specifically Excel (creating, saving, formatting spreadsheets), Outlook (creating and send messages, scheduling meeting, adding attachments, deleting emails, filing emails), PowerPoint (creating, saving, formatting documents)and Word (creating, saving, formatting documents)
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 25%
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Business or related field
- Project management course work or certification
- Contract management and project management experience
- Advanced understanding of workflow processes
- Strong technical and regulatory knowledge
- National Career Readiness Certificate
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing to include technical writing, proofreading, presenting plans, processes and methodologies to customers
- Willingness to make full-time commitment to multiple customer accounts
- Must be able to manage multiple, complex client relationships with sound judgment
- Ability to anticipate and prepare for adversity and ambiguity while maintaining focus on performance in times of uncertainty
- Strong organization, planning, interpersonal and multi-tasking skills
- Must be a self-starter and comfortable with confidential information
- Attention to detail, strong problem-solving and time-management skills
- Must be able to work with a diverse group of people / disciplines to accomplish a client-driven objective
- Exceptional customer-service focus with ability to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, flexible and adaptable to changing situations, and a strong commitment to teamwork
- Proven project and team leadership skills to establish rapport, trust and confidence with internal departments, staff and customers
- Ability to remain calm in stressful situations and to conduct themselves in a professional manner at-all-times
- Demonstrated ability to research, design and implement solutions to problems involving analytical and creative elements
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. At this time, 90% of our non - clinical workforce transitioned to a work at home (remote) status. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
Some of the steps we've taken to ensure employee well-being include:
- Transitioned our new hire training classes to be conducted virtually
- Launched our ProtectWell app and UnitedCARES program to help ease the burden and stress for our UnitedHealth Group team members and their immediate family affected by COVID-19
- Daily updates from our CEO Dave Wichmann to support and inspire team members during this challenging time
- Onsite social distancing and increased sanitization measures for employees who have been welcomed back to our offices
- Fully cover the COVID-19 healthcare costs for our employees
- Employees who self-identify as high risk or who live with someone who is high risk have been asked to remain working from home
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities at:
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Remote, account manager, client services, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately