Purpose of Job
USAA is looking for a Program/Project Management Lead to work in the San Antonio Home Office II/III or in a 100% Remote Work Environment.
Facilitates and leads the execution and delivery of moderately to highly complex non-IT work efforts intended to accomplish business goals and objectives within prescribed timeframes and budgets. Demonstrates an expert understanding of how activities contribute to the achievement of strategic business goals and operational objectives. Collaborates with key stakeholders, vendors and project/program teams to identify mutually beneficial outcomes for competing priorities and negotiate timelines to ensure objectives are met.
For related project experience to be considered outside of a Program/Project Management title, please include a project list of all program/project management experience. The project list should include: project summary, role, and project timeframe/percentage of time dedicated to the project (i.e... March 2018 - May 2019, 50% of time). Failure to provide this documentation may result in disqualification.
USAA knows what it means to serve. We facilitate the financial security of millions of U.S. military members and their families. This singular mission requires a dedication to innovative thinking at every level.
In each of the past five years, we've been a top-40 Fortune 100 Best Companies to Work For®, and we've ranked among Victory Media's Top 10 Military Friendly® Employers 13 years straight. We embrace a robust veteran workforce and encourage veterans and veteran spouses to apply.
USAA Careers - Award Winning Workplace (17 seconds)
USAA Careers - World Class Benefits (31 seconds)
- Identifies and manages existing and emerging risks that stem from business activities and the job role.
- Ensures risks associated with business activities are effectively identified, measured, monitored, and controlled.
- Follows written risk and compliance policies and procedures for business activities.
- Drives implementation of moderately to highly complex work typically requiring confidentiality and enterprise-level visibility to achieve strategic business goals and operational objectives.
- Works closely with cross-functional teams and resources to achieve program and milestones within established timeframes.
- Manages risk by using established risk management practices to address execution challenges associated with quality, schedule and costs, in adherence with risk management framework.
- Accountable for planning, directing and coordinating activities for moderately complex and work efforts to accomplish goals and objectives within a specified timeframe, scope and budget.
- Ensures consistent visibility for teams by monitoring and reporting business objectives, work efforts achievements, and key indicators.
- Communicates with work efforts stakeholders and executive/senior management and provides insight on issues through root cause analyses.
- Facilitates collaboration on creative alternatives to project challenges with subject matter experts.
- Removes obstacles and impediments to ensure business and operational objectives are met.
- Develops, tracks and oversees project budgets that may include necessary capital expenditures, operational expenses, and labor funding requirements.
- Manages ambiguity and consistently seeks to drive clarity amongst project stakeholders.
- Ensures compliance with company and regulatory policies and procedures.
- Defines the control and the overall delivery of the work efforts to meet the goals, objectives and success criteria.
- Establishes overall cadence for communication with impacted stakeholders, and provides framework for underlying work efforts(s) communication plans.
- Identifies and determines interdependencies of work within a work effort.
- Participates in work effort closure activities to determine benefit / business impact realization to include retrospective management.
- Proactively manages risk by using work efforts management practices to address execution challenges associated with quality, schedule and cost and supports escalation to resolve.
- Adheres to EPMO processes, procedures, controls, standards, tools and templates (as required).
- Drives adoption and challenges standards. Leads subject matter experts
- Bachelor's Degree OR 4 additional years of related experience beyond the minimum required may be substituted in lieu of a degree.
- 8 years of relevant experience in project or program management, including planning, tracking and delivery.
- Expert knowledge of project management tools and methodologies.
- Experience on project and program management and execution experience delivering complex work efforts working with recognized program and/or project methodologies (i.e. Waterfall and Agile).
- Collaboration skills in a matrixed environment including providing consultative guidance to help solve enterprise level issues.
- Extensive experience leading complex projects with significant number of deliverables including information technology and dependencies across organization; working within defined scope and budgets with aggressive timelines.
- Extensive understanding of risk management policies and procedures
- Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Background in Data delivery and management
- Strong strategic planning and execution experience
- Ability to deliver complex concepts into executive material
- 5+ years within Financial services
- 2+ years' experience leading IT projects/programs
- PMP certification
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
Relocation assistance is not available for this position.
For Internal Candidates:
Must complete 12 months in current position (from date of hire or date of placement) or must have manager's approval prior to posting.
Last day for internal candidates to apply to the opening is 1/12/21 by 11:59 pm CST time