Data Analyst – Cognos.
Location: Deerfield Beach, FL and Jacksonville, FL
Duration: 6 months contract
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent plus 7 years of related professional experience. Degree in technology related area preferred.
- 7+ years experience working as a data analyst leveraging Business Intelligence tools in a centralized data warehouse environment.
- 7+ years hands-on experience working with SQL.
- 5+ years experience with data modeling concepts and techniques.
- Experience working with Cognos v.8.4 or higher or similar BI tool. Query Studio, Reports Studio, Analysis Studio, a plus.
- Experience working with Teradata Data Warehouse or other RDMS, a plus.
- Well versed in data management concepts, data lifecycle and methodologies.
- Must be willing to become certified in Data Management.
- Must exhibit strong thought leadership.
- Skillful at applying business and technical skills to drive innovation and performance improvement.
- Excellent analytical... problem-solving, and decision-making skills, leveraging both logic and creativity.
- Excellent written and oral communication, as well as, good organizational and presentation skills.
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple competing priorities in a dynamic environment.
- Demonstrated facilitation and meeting management skills.
- Demonstrated ability to understand the unique needs of the customer and translate to actionable results while delivering high quality outcomes.
- Ability to influence and motivate individuals and teams to drive mutually beneficial outcomes.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to build relationships within and between individuals and cross-functional teams.
- Must enjoy working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment as well as autonomously.
- High achievement orientation with a willingness to learn.
- Possess a solid overall understanding of technology concepts, trends, and capabilities.
- Exhibit a strong desire to understand the organization, its industry, and its strategies.
- Working knowledge of project management principles, a plus.
- Must exhibit strong customer service orientation.
- Minimal travel as needed.
- Must be willing to be on-call as needed