As part of the Global Design organization, the design team is seeking a strong designer for the SJC office. We are looking for someone who has rich design experience along with a passion for simplifying the complex. The ideal candidate will have some familiarity with the marketspace in which we compete.
Perfect candidate will:
- Take ownership to lead design projects by collaborating with a broader team of designers, Product Managers, UI developers, back end engineers and other Engineering leaders globally
- Define the direction of our flagship product’s design as a part of a multidisciplinary team
- Work with UI development and backend engineering teams to ensure effective execution of designs
- Have a strong Design and UX portfolio in enterprise/ data visualization projects
- Have an ability to challenge status quo with attention to detail on UX and micro-interactions
- Strong visual design skills.
Required skill set:
- Able to work effectively in a fast-moving... environment, juggle multiple projects, and prioritize work
- Stay current on technology trends to inform and inspire modern design.
- Have strong presentation and communication skills
- Able to explain rationale for design decisions within a larger context. Regularly communicates project status and shares design iterations
- Understands the mission and goals of design and is able to communicate this to product teams
- 4+ years of user experience design experience for web applications with bachelor’s degree in design/ graphic design/ fine art/ computer science or related CS/design field
- Passion for design, telling customer stories, and simplifying the complex problems
- Strong working knowledge of latest wireframing/ design and prototyping tools
- Familiar with usability testing (in person and remote), user research, contextual inquiry, interviews, qualitative design analysis, and design thinking
- Strong written and verbal communication skills with ability to communicate effectively and concisely
- Experience working across multiple phases of design (interaction, visual design and prototyping)
- 7-8yrs of hands on experience with advanced degrees (Masters, PhD, etc.)
- Strong interest in data visualization and enterprise software
- Have working knowledge of accessibility guidelines and best practices