Culdesac's mission is to build cities for people, not cars. We're the first post-car real estate developer, and our goal is to build the first car-free city in the US. We're starting with the first car-free neighborhood built from scratch - that's Culdesac Tempe, a 1000-person neighborhood that opens 2021.
All of this draws from a core insight: the way we move defines the way we live. And the way we move is changing fast, with countless ways to get around today beyond private cars.
As a Real Estate Development Lead at Culdesac, you will be an integral part of developing our next set of car-free projects. With our multi-disciplinary team, you will assist in the identification and analysis of potential locations and related outreach, design, and planning. Your work will span urban planning, real estate acquisition, and financial modeling.
How you will make an impact:
- You will conduct national research and data analysis on potential sites for Culdesac's next set of projects.
- You... will review existing entitlements and regulatory processes and study relevant international and local codes for potential sites.
- You will lead the conceptual planning and design of potential projects.
- You will assist with real estate finance pro formas and related real estate data collection and analysis.
- You will assist in the creation of outreach slide decks.
How you will be successful:
- You have a Bachelor's degree or a Master's degree in urban planning, real estate development, or a related field.
- You prioritize a lifestyle leveraging public transportation, micro mobility, and other alternatives to private cars.
- Strong domain knowledge is a prerequisite for this position; check back later for generalist positions.
- You are a driven, ambitious person with an innate sense of humility.
- You excel in oral and written communication.
- You are adept at data analysis.
- You have experience with real estate financial modeling.
- You are intrinsically motivated by quality work and collaboration.
- You are excellent at giving and receiving constructive feedback, especially the hard-to-give variety.
- You value a caring, supportive, and honest culture.
- You are creative and data-driven