Information Services in UF Research is looking for a candidate with experience in Information Technology for the role of Information Solutions Senior Architect. The candidate will be responsible for designing the structure of our software application for UF Research. The incumbent should have excellent communication skills and be able to translate complex requirements into functional architecture specifications. They should have experience optimizing complex software systems and supporting the development team as their designs are being implemented.
The incumbent must be eligible to work in the United States. Remote work is acceptable, however, we do have an office for those desiring to work in person.
This position is time limited. Duration 7-12 months.
- Understand university needs and define system specifications
- Translate gathered requirements into architected solutions and identify/resolve requirement gaps
- Plan information architecture by... studying the site concept, strategy, and target audience, envisioning architectural scheme, information structure and features, functionality, and user-interface design; preparing data models, designing information structure, work-and data flow, navigation
- Organize information by translating user behavior into media structures and elements; produce workflow diagrams, flowcharts, storyboards, preparing interaction specifications, navigation rules, and site maps; coordinate with business and technology staff
- Implement information architecture by preparing paper and interactive prototypes and mock-ups including page layout and navigation elements, coordinating with Business Analyst and Software Development Team to integrate site concepts, visual design, writing, interface, navigational structure; documenting structure and processes
- Validate information delivery by developing and completing usability test plans; evaluating scalability and traffic patterns, studying user feedback and coordinating with Usability Expert
- Ensure that the Success Metrics are captured
- Plan and design the structure of UF Research’s software system
- Communicate system requirements to software development team
- Design a system level error handling approach
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or related field
- Proven experience as an Information Architect
- Hands-on experience with software development and system administration
- Experience in project management and service-oriented architecture (SOA)
- Familiarity with SQL databases
- Experience in cloud technologies (ex. VMware and Azure)
- Excellent communication skills
- Problem-solving aptitude
- Organizational and leadership skills
- Experience with CI-CD pipelines