The Building People, LLC, has a position open for a Real Property Leasing Specialist to provide acquisition support services to the client s Lease Contracting Officer (LCO) or their designee for new or existing real property lease that meets the clients regulatory, references and information resources. This position may be remote.
The candidate will support leases in varying complexities and duties may include but are not limited to:
- In coordination with the customer assist with developing requirements for agency real
property leases, collocations or GSA occupancy agreements for office, airport, land,
telecommunication or other types of leased space using the appropriate regulatory, references
- Develop leasing agency approval documents, solicitations, and awards
- Prepare market research, develop acquisition plans, cost benefit analyses, source selection
processes, create solicitations, draft justifications, draft evaluation criteria... review
proposals/quotes, manage the technical review process, perform cost/price analysis, evaluate
information for awards, draft recommendation for award, and develop award documents
- Perform contract administration such as preparing modifications, recommending solutions
to issues to the LCO and processing contract closeout actions
- Document all actions in electronic systems. This requires the contractor be proficient in
the use of multiple electronic systems that support the leasing process
- Facilitate meetings and collaboration with customers and other stakeholders, with a focus
on virtual communication tools like teleconferences and skype or teams meetings
- Other lease actions vary in complexity and include new and existing operational lease requests, administrative tasks, data entry and validation, training and process improvement development, and overall quality control and review of leases.
- Eight (8) or more years of experience with negotiating and / or managing government commercial leases and the leasing process, asset management of commercial properties including overseeing or participating in the leasing of assets, OR Project management experience related to the acquisition of leased or owned space.
- Bachelors Degree required
Competitive benefits for eligible employees include:
- Medical & Rx
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance/AD&D
- Long Term Disability and Short-Term Disability
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Pay
All positions require a background check after acceptance of our offer. The selected candidate will be eligible to begin employment before the background check has been finalized. However, continued employment will be contingent upon the results of your reference/background check from The Building People, LLC. Your position may require special credentialing, clearance, and access as a condition of employment. In the event the government or client does not sponsor or approve your clearance, it may result in termination of your employment.
We are an Equal Employment/Affirmative Action employer. We do not discriminate in hiring on the basis of sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, protected Veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the employment process, please contact us by email at ...@thebuildingpeople.com and let us know the nature of your request and your contact information. Requests for accommodation will be considered on a case-by-case basis. Please note that only inquiries concerning a request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this e-mail address.
For more information, view the EEO is the Law Poster and Pay Transparency Statement