Vox is looking for someone to help with our efforts to deepen audience loyalty, grow the Vox contributions program, and ensure that contributors are delighted by their experience with Vox. This is a role that straddles editorial and marketing, reporting to the Managing Editor of Audience and working cross-functionally with members of Vox’s editorial and engagement teams, as well as Vox Media’s product, analytics, marketing, and design teams. The right candidate will have 3-5 years experience in digital membership, fundraising or similar role, an entrepreneurial spirit, a knack for crafting data-driven growth strategies and be a strong writer, with strong news judgement.
What you'll do:
- Champion Vox’s mission and unique editorial work to deepen loyalty amongst potential contributors on a daily basis
- Identify regular opportunities to promote Vox’s contribution program, leading to an increase in contributions
- Collaborate with other editors and members of the engagement team to... grow loyal newsletter subscribers, and convert those subscribers to contributors.
- Own testing strategy to optimize the journey from loyal user to contributor, leading to an increase increase both click-through and conversion rates for our contributions program
- Work with Managing Editor of Audience to develop an understanding of audience loyalty funnel across Vox properties, and create a plan to move users down the funnel
- Ensure Vox is constantly deepening loyalty with contributors, maintaining our high retention rate and leading to an increase in upsells
- Track and analyze data and research to inform our contributions strategy
What you'll bring:
- An understanding of Vox’s mission, and appreciation for what makes Vox unique
- A strong entrepreneurial drive
- 3+ years experience working in digital membership, fundraising, or a similar role
- Experience crafting data-driven growth strategies, including A/B testing.
- The ability to thrive within a cross-functional team
- You know how to figure out what motivates an audience, and translate that into effective marketing and community management strategies
- Strong writing skills
- Knowledge of Google Optimize, Campaign Monitor, or SailThru is a plus
- Experience with email optimization also a plus