Our Workforce Manager will be responsible for guiding a team within a multi-site environment ensuring an efficient workload and workforce balance while also supporting the organizations' vision, mission, and member access strategies. The Manager will lead and develop a team of professional employees and will report to the Sr. Manager of Workforce Management. Serves as a liaison and point of contact for supporting internal and external vendor relationships along with driving proactive communications to the senior leadership team. This Manager will also be responsible for providing subject matter mentorship, training, and development to employees. This position also has a role in developing/coordinating performance standards for the organizational unit while also standardizing and developing processes and procedures to implement functional strategies.
- Supports all aspects Workforce Management (WFM) platform utilized for forecasting, scheduling... tracking, monitoring agents and workload. Manages the WFM staff in the various workforce management activities of forecasting, scheduling, capacity planning, monitoring queues, and approving off phone activities.
- Ensures processes are in place to provide accurate forecasting analysis, crafts staffing schedules, and monitors real time for schedule adherence.
- Works closely with Operations leaders to understand headcount levels, helps develop hiring plans and maintain staff plans.
- Utilizes data from various workforce management tools to provide in-depth analysis of workload factors for lines of business with basic to highly complex member contact areas and/or back office functions.
- Delivers results of analysis and recommendations to various business partners and leadership to support the Blue Shield of California mission
- Establishes tactical sessions with Operations to provide a recap of prior periods performance, trends, projection of upcoming periods service level agreements (SLAs).
- Provides timely and transparent intel that supports the business in making informed decisions.
- Serves as a subject matter expert (SME) and partners with Operations to fully leverage capabilities of WFM processes and tools.
- Facilitates strategic sessions with Operations to review forecast considerations.
- Gathers information, business intelligence, analyzes data trends, identifies root cause(s) and provides information to team members and department leadership.
- Identifies and researches service level risks for problem resolution and management notification. Coordinates escalation plan when service levels are negatively impacted.
- Exercises independent judgment and discretion in matters of significance.
- Understands our Operating Principles; make them the guidelines for how you do your job.
- Partners effectively with appropriate business areas to integrate member demand into the overall forecast.
- Knows their stuff - be hardworking learners, users, and advocates of our groundbreaking technology, products, and services, especially our digital tools and experiences.
- Wins as a team - make big things happen by working together and being open to new insights.
- Is an active part of transformation - a way of working that brings more employee engagement - by joining huddles, creating focus groups, and helping us elevate opportunities to do better for our members and agents.
- Pushes for results and drive growth.
- Respects and promotes inclusion and diversity. Do what is right for each other, those we support and our communities
- Possesses exceptional organization and time management skills.
- Demonstrates excellent interpersonal communication skills, positive attitude, good judgment, and strong work ethic.
- Bachelor's Degree from an accredited college or university with 5-7 years technical call center command center operations and workforce management experience required; or 7-10 years call center operations, telephony and work force management experience in call center environment may substitute for degree.
- 6+ years of experience in scheduling, forecasting or capacity planning to include utilization of workforce management tools & data analysis tools, contact routing and workload delivery systems (Verint required).
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in virtual call center intelligent call routing, ACD and WFM technology required.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience with predictive auto dialer technology including programming and administration required.
- Demonstrated ability of sound judgment in face of incomplete or ambiguous information.
- Superb communication skills - proficient oral and written presentations.
- Translate complex concepts into simple consumable artifacts.
- Knowledge of voice based (IVR) applications and CTI standard protocols and technologies to perform system analysis, gap analysis, traceability and defect triage Additional Information
- Our Company: At Blue Shield of California we are parents, leader, students, visionaries, heroes, and providers. Everyday we come together striving to fulfill our mission, to ensure all Californians have access to high-quality health care at a sustainably affordable price. For more than 80 years, Blue Shield of California has been dedicated to transforming health care by making it more accessible, cost-effective, and customer-centric. We are a not-for-profit, independent member of the Blue Cross Blue Shield Association with 6,800 employees, more than $20 billion in annual revenue and 4.3 million members. The company has contributed more than $500 million to Blue Shield of California Foundation since 2002 to have a positive impact on California communities. Blue Shield of California is headquartered in Oakland, California with 18 additional locations including Sacramento, Los Angeles, and San Diego. We're excited to share Blue Shield of California has received awards and recognition for - LGBT diversity, quality improvement, most influential women in corporate America, Bay Area's top companies in volunteering & giving, and one of the world's most ethical companies. Here at Blue Shield of California, we're striving to make a positive change across our industry and the communities we live in - Join us!
- Physical Requirements: Office Environment - roles involving part to full time schedule in Office Environment. Based in our physical offices and work from home office/deskwork - Activity level: Sedentary, frequency most of work day.
Please click here for further physical requirement detail.
- Equal Employment Opportunity: External hires must pass a background check/drug screen. Qualified applicants with arrest records and/or conviction records will be considered for employment in a manner consistent with Federal, State and local laws, including but not limited to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status or disability status and any other classification protected by Federal, State and local laws.
- Requisition ID: 20002IC
- Posting Date: Nov 20, 2020
- Schedule: Full-time