Job Number: R0006746
Southern New Hampshire University is currently seeking an Employer Relations Partner. The Employer Relations Partner (ERP) is responsible for development of strategic partnerships with businesses and organizations to support the Career Services team. ERP daily operations include: job and internship development, cultivating and maintaining employer relations, conceptualizing and facilitating employer engagements and other virtual and regional employer events, reporting out on employment outcomes. The ERP will foster relationships and collaborate with key partners across the SNHU community and the external business community.
- This position has the opportunity to work fully remote.**
Essential duties and responsibilities of this position include the following:
- Assess, develop, and implement a customized recruiting strategy for key employer partners while ensuring that a range of academic programs are being represented
- Conduct regular, ongoing employer... outreach to build effective employer partnerships and continually increase the volume of local, state-wide, national, and international career and experiential learning opportunities that are available for students
- Execute use of data consistently to monitor progress and implement successful partnership strategies
- Recruit and steward employer partners; assist employer partners with the development of internship and job descriptions; ensure fair and legal hiring practices for students
- Coordinate relevant employer programming for students
- Work with other departments across the Career Services team and SNHU community to ensure effective collaboration and that all academic disciplines are supported in the area of outreach and management
- Partner with Career Advising to support students who are actively pursuing new career opportunities with guidance and information regarding job and internship searching, and how to achieve success in the application and interview process
- Represent Career Services Employer Relations team at various events/meetings as needed
- Participate in various, assigned verticals to enhance the student experience
- Work closely with departmental leadership to support implementation of new projects and processes
- Showcase strategic thinking skills in the workplace
- Individually pursue and provide suggestions for professional development
- Adhere to University policies, practices, core competencies, and core values
- Bachelor's degree required
- Experience in recruitment, staffing, human resources, business development, and/or career counseling
- Strong understanding of computer applications - must demonstrate proficiency in Word, Excel and databases
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evening hours
- Ability to think critically, solve problems and work independently and within a team
- Demonstrated ability to handle multiple, detail-oriented tasks simultaneously while maintaining accuracy
- Excellent time management skills, able to set and meet deadlines
- Creative, innovative, strategic individual able to anticipate future trends and problems and plan for them accordingly
- Master's degree (preferably in business, human resources, higher education administration, counseling or a related field)
- Specialized knowledge of employer relations, recruitment and/or hiring practices
- Experience working with research, data management, data analytics, client prospecting and marketing
- Familiarity with Handshake career management system a plus
Typically Monday through Friday, 8:00am to 4:30pm with flexibility to meet business demands as needed.
Work schedule may include evening hours, and weekend hours as needed to facilitate meetings and events. Travel may be required for local, regional and national outreach for departmental events and activities.
A background check is required for employment. Please submit a cover letter, in addition to your resume, with your application.
Why Join SNHU?
Southern New Hampshire University (SNHU), founded in 1932, is a private, nonprofit, accredited institution located in Manchester, New Hampshire. We value teamwork, openness and diversity, and believe every employee has a voice in driving our success. We're proud to have been recognized as a Great College to Work for by the Chronicle of Higher Education every year since its inception. Our competitive benefits package includes tuition reimbursement, employer contribution to Retirement Plan, affordable Medical, Dental, and Vision coverage, and generous paid-time off. We're constantly seeking creative, collaborative, and hard-working talent to join our team! Come be a part of innovation and education