Who We are
Mosaic makes the modern home possible by providing financing to homeowners for home improvement projects, including generating and storing their own solar energy as well as other energy-efficient upgrades. Mosaic empowers solar and home improvement professionals to deliver financing through a simple point-of-sale app creating a hassle-free and positive experience for both the contractor and homeowner. Since 2012, Mosaic has originated more than $3 billion in loans across the US. Come join our team and help build the movement towards 100% clean energy for all.
To complement our rapid growth, we are seeking an experienced and motivated Regulatory Compliance Manager to join our Compliance Risk team and support the development and maintenance of the company’s Compliance Management System. Reporting to the Deputy Chief Compliance Officer (DCCO), you will: (1) be responsible for assisting the DCCO in designing appropriate programs, advising business leaders on... regulatory requirements and emerging regulatory risks, and reporting on risks and issues; (2) provide support and subject matter expertise for the evaluation and development of risk assessments, effective regulatory compliance internal controls, monitoring and testing, issues management, program governance, and process improvements; and (3) help identify the applicable regulatory requirements and mitigate potential risks to Mosaic’s consumer lending businesses.
What You'll Do
● Participate in the development and implementation of the Compliance Testing Plan
● Provide support and monitoring of our compliance program for the company’s Solar and Home Improvement lending programs
● Answer questions and advise the business teams on consumer lending compliance laws and regulations
● Be the primary point of contact for state examinations, including document investigation and collection, escalating compliance findings, and ensure timely closure of action items and remediation plans.
● Provide guidance to business partners relating to new products and services, business requirements and development of controls for business processes to mitigate compliance risk
● Support efforts to monitor regulatory/legal developments, assess impacts and provide oversight to ensure they are effectively communicated to business teams, and appropriate actions are taken
● Ensure corporate compliance policies are applied and review procedures developed by the business
● Support risk assessment activities.
● Establish and maintain relationships with internal and external business partners
● Support the design and implementation of internal risk governance processes
● Ensure coordination with our specialized teams (BSA/AML, Fraud, Complaints, and Risk teams) on matters that relate to consumer lending
What you bring to the team
● Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
● 7+ years of consumer lending financial services experience, primarily in compliance, risk management and/or audit functions; banking experience is a plus
● Ability to read and interpret technical or regulatory language and convert to plain language within business practices
● Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills and ability to interact with various levels of the organization
● Ability to think independently, take ownership, and drive initiatives to resolution while reporting appropriately on progress made and issues encountered
● Solid analytical, problem solving and critical thinking skills
● Ability to handle multiple priorities and changes in scope / direction
● Demonstrated application of consumer protection laws and regulations such as TILA/Regulation Z, ECOA/Regulation B, FCRA Including Red Flags Rule, FACTA, FDCPA, MLA, SCRA, BSA/AML, EFTA, UDAAP and GLBA. State law lending knowledge is a plus
● Ability to travel 10-25% of the year (in the future when restrictions are lifted)
● Ability to learn new laws, rules and regulations and creatively apply to Mosaic’s business model
● Professional certifications(s) such as Paralegal, Certified Regulatory Compliance Manager (CRCM), Certified Risk Professional (CRP), Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS), Certified Information Privacy Professional, or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA)
As a customer focused and driven-to-win organization, there are many exciting reasons to join the Mosaic team. We provide competitive salaries, quality healthcare and an enjoyable, be-yourself office environment. We are deeply mission and vision driven, have a generous PTO program, and support flexible schedules when needed. Mosaic has a dynamic, fast-paced, and entrepreneurial environment, which requires a professional, flexible, self-starter attitude. We believe in hiring the best, the brightest, and cultivating a culture of collaboration and appreciation.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at Mosaic. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability status or any legally protected status