Global leading Entertainment and Media company's new streaming service is searching for a Manager of Product Design, focused on creating compelling digital experiences that meet business and Marketing needs but also push the Product into innovative territory above and beyond competition. Manager will be motivated to create engaging and elegent digital entertainment experiences and have expertise in platforms such as smartphones, tables, game consoles and web as well as a thoughful approach to features and user-centric design philosophies. As a Manager of Product Design, individual will oversee a team of designers and work closely with Design and Product leadership to help design and iterate on interactions, visual design patterns and animations for the company's digital ecosystem.
location: NEW YORK, New York
job type: Contract
salary: $60 - 70 per hour
work hours: 9am to 5pm
- Manage a key strategic area of work, overseeing one or... more teams and upholding the highest standards of design and collaboration.
- Work closely with a cross-functional team (design, engineering, and research) to drive progress, uphold standards and advocate for exceptional customer experiences.
- Partner with product leadership to help define, execute and iterate on strategic pillars within the broader digital ecosystem.
- Responsible for overseeing the day-to-day for a team of designers and inspiring them to do their best innovative work.
- Innovate and prototype solutions that bring the product and brand forward in the marketplace.
- Seek user and business validation for your proposed solutions and be receptive to input and pivots as you develop new experiences.
- Manage and execute typical design documents such as site maps, user flows, wireframes, visual designs, and redlines.
- Take a hands-on approach to implementation and collaboration with software development from early ideation through launched products and subsequent iterations.
- Help to foster a fun, collaborative and supportive culture in which we are able to make career-defining work.
- Experience level: Manager
- Minimum 7 years of experience
- Education: Bachelors (required)
- Product Management
- Manager (3 years of experience is preferred)
- Design Engineer
- Digital Product Design (7 years of experience is preferred)
- User Center Design Thinking
- Cross platforms
Equal Opportunity Employer: Race, Color, Religion, Sex, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity, National Origin, Age, Genetic Information, Disability, Protected Veteran Status, or any other legally protected group status