This is a great opportunity to be a part of a successful Healthcare IT company experiencing significant growth. We have a proven product, brand-name customers, significant revenue and growth, and are backed by leading investors. Here you'll get to work with some of the smartest and most interesting people around; solving unique and complex challenges in healthcare on a scale matched by few companies. Over 300,000 healthcare professionals, 67,000 pharmacies and 60% of the healthcare IT vendors in the market depend on us every day to manage medication safety and efficiency, reduce clinical errors, and improve patient outcomes.
Our culture is entrepreneurial, team oriented, collaborative, and fast-paced. If you get excited about stretching yourself in new ways, developing yourself to your fullest potential, and care about working with smart colleagues; we want to talk to you!
The Backline team at DrFirst is a fast-paced, forward-thinking group, focused... on launching innovative new features and functionality to help improve patient outcomes. This role will be working on our award-winning secure communications product Backline, which we introduced several years ago and has a large and happy user base. This solution allows clinicians to communicate with other healthcare providers in a safe, secure, and efficient manner, and in a way that they’ve never been able to before.
The person in this role will provide leadership, direction, and vision to the Backline team with strategic planning, definition, product optimization, and future growth of the overall product.
Who will love this job
- An advocate who will champion the product within and outside the company; someone who will look at the big picture while also keeping the needs of the users and stakeholders in mind
- An organizer who can find a balance between the product’s commercial, technical, operational, and strategic issues while working across departments to execute and launch a product
- An expert who can track the market/industry trends to understand our products, their goals, and potential issues they might face, as well as recommend new product development opportunities
- A creative innovator who comes up with new ideas and innovations for the product and his/her team’s processes; someone who can look within and outside the company for inspiration and cues
- A critical thinker who can understand the challenges that lie ahead of us, synthesize them in a clear language, and come up with an effective strategy
- A communicator who can determine what the client values and wants and effectively communicate how our products can fulfill those specific needs
What you will work on
- Provide product leadership, direction, and vision to the Backline® team from conception and strategic planning through product definition, development, and optimization
- Participate in policy, planning, and strategy decisions for Backline
- Develop, implement, and review Backline reporting standards and procedures
- Oversee Backline reporting and presentations to critical stakeholders
- Work with sales to implement a process for lead generation follow-up
- Participate in roadmap development
- Build strong collaboration with Marketing teams for improving market analysis and campaign strategy
- Develop and maintain an understanding of the healthcare industry, market, and regulatory trends specific to secure communications and collaboration
- Anticipate needs arising from company goals/objectives and guide industry trends to incorporate and make Backline® stay ahead of the curve
- Guide and hold team members and clients accountable for their commitments, milestones, and deliverables
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in business, technology or information sciences healthcare, or related field preferred.
- At least five (5) years of healthcare product management experience with a focus on EMR/HIS vendors like Epic, Cerner, or Allscripts
- Experience working on integrations with health IT vendors is strongly preferred
- A deep understanding of secure texting and messaging solutions in the healthcare marketplace is a huge plus
- Combination of business and technical acumen, and an understanding of technology
- Excellent communication, writing, and presentation skills
- Highly organized with strong attention to detail with skills to analyze and solve the problem analytically
- A deep sense of product ownership across all aspects of the solution
- Demonstrate flexibility, open-mindedness, and adaptability to a rapidly changing environment, and foster the same behaviors with others
- 20% Travel as needed
- 80% desk / phone work from home office
We offer comprehensive benefits to keep you healthy as you grow in your life and career. Your merit-based compensation will reflect the impact your work has on the company and our customers.
Learn more about our benefits and professional development opportunities here