Here at TED, we create the TED Talks video series, the globe-spanning TED Fellows program, the TED-Ed movement to support learners of all ages, and many more idea-driven initiatives. And it's all powered by our world-class technology.
TED’s Technology Team focuses on continuous improvement for users to easily access ideas and spread them far and wide within their communities. This is an opportunity to join a team that believes passionately in the power of ideas to change attitudes, lives and, ultimately, the world.
We are looking for a Front-end Engineer to help us to deliver best-in-breed web experiences at worldwide scale.
This is a full-time remote position.
Who are you?
- You have a proven track record of leading and monitoring front-end testing, performance, and code quality.
- You have experience analyzing user requirements and... design solutions for new features.
- You’re able to clearly communicate technical constraints and opportunities with stakeholders.
- You thrive in a fast-paced and collaborative environment and demonstrate strong judgment and decision making skills in the face of ambiguity.
- You are self-motivated with a passion for jumping into various projects with confidence.
- You have a good sense of humor and preferably a love of puns.
What will you do?
- Address challenges around page performance, video delivery, personalization, highly responsive, low-latency experiences and frontend application architecture for audiences all around the world, and for the people they work with
- Work directly with experienced designers and product owners to take new features from conception to production
- Design tools and libraries that will be used by other front-end engineers and company-wide
We are looking for applicants with a mix of these attributes rather than checking every box. If you can deliver in the role of Front-end Engineer at TED, we want to hear from you.
At TED we value:
- Effective workflows- Team members that are willing to contribute, however possible, to ensure overall effectiveness of position.
- Communication and collaboration- Our team has excellent written and oral communication skills (ability to create & maintain technical documentation).
- Structured support- Engineers have regular support and mentoring from the Director of Engineering and CTO.
- Professional development- All employees receive a professional development stipend annually.
- Work-life balance- We actively promote a work-life balance and offer a 2-week summer break and 1-week winter break in addition to paid time off.
Our team is passionate about TED’s content and the prospect of creating a stronger platform to enable the exchange of ideas worldwide. We’re endlessly curious. We don’t take ourselves too seriously. And we love to work alongside nice people.
Generous health/dental/vision benefits and a company-matched 401K are part of the deal. Every employee also gets an annual continuing education allowance to use for professional development